Sadness

*Y/n's POV*

It was the day of Halloween and the day of the school play. Y/n was so excited for how it would turn out that she couldn't sleep the night before. Plus she was planning on telling her crush, Eric, how she felt. Even though they have been friends since eighth grade, she started having feelings for him at the beginning of eleventh grade. Through out the day, Y/n's nervousness over the night's events slowly went away. She had to try to calm herself or end up getting her lines wrong in the play. Later that day when she gets home from school, she hurries to finish her homework and adds the finishing touches to her costume. Y/n was sitting on her bed, adding the last patch of cloth to her costume. She was Sally for the play of The Nightmare before Christmas. Lucent was watching her, half-asleep from the day. He had learned how crazy a day at a high school can be.

"How can you deal with the craziness of high school on a daily basis?" Lucent asks.

"I have to deal with it in order to have an education," said Y/n as she sews a piece of cloth onto her costume.

"I still don't see the point you humans need an education for."

Y/n sets the dress down on the desk she was working at and looks Lucent dead in the eyes. "It is important to have an education. Some people go to college to earn a degree to work towards a better job. But it really depends on the person and their goals. Try going to school twelve years of your life, make that fourteen if you count preschool and kindergarten." Y/n returns to her work.

"Whatever. I'm just tired of all the girls at your school trying to ask me out on what you humans call a date."

"That tends to happen with guys with good looks," said Y/n with a wink towards Lucent, making him blush. She laughs. After ten minutes of working on her costume, Y/n was finished with her work. She heads into the bathroom to get ready for the play. She had to apply her own makeup. Since she was playing the part of Sally, she had to get creative with the look.

*Lucemon FM POV*

Lucent wakes up to find that Y/n's room was now dark. He checks the clock and sees it was eight-thirty at night. He finds his body rather stiff from sleeping on the floor. But he finds that he had one of the spare blankets on him. "At least she cares..." He gets up off of the floor and stretches. He heads downstairs and finds the rest of the house in darkness except for a single lamp on in the living room. In the light of the lamp, Lucent finds a note. It reads:

My wife and I left to go take Y/n to her school play. We will be back when it is done. If you leave the house, please lock up. Rather not have to deal with a break in. The spare key is hidden in a rock in the bush by the front door. Put it back when you lock the door. Make sure no one sees where you put it.

Sincerely, James.

Lucent had almost forgotten about the school play. "Might as well go see how Y/n is doing." Lucent leaves the house, following the directions as to where to find the hidden spare key and making sure no one sees where he put it when he hides it again. He takes flight, heading off to the high school, planning on watching what is left of the school play. By flying, it doesn't take long to get to Y/n's high school, compared to when Y/n had him walk to school with her. He didn't mind it, it's just the fact that how long it takes by walking that he doesn't like. Lucent lands in front of the school and changes his code to his human disguise and heads into the school. Once in he decided to go look for Y/n.

*Y/n's POV*

Y/n was back stage, in the dressing room, busy removing the makeup from her face. She was getting ready to tell Eric how much she liked him. "I wonder if he will feel the same about me." Y/n leaves the dressing room and goes to find Eric. When she finds him, he was talking to another girl. "Hey Eric do you have time to talk?" Y/n asks as she walks up to Eric.

Eric shoos away the other girl. "Yeah. Now I do. What's up? Is it about the play? I thought you did a pretty good job."

"Its not about the play, Eric. I have something to tell you." Y/n nervously shuffles her feet. "It...was kinda hard to work up the courage to do this but I like you. More than like you. I love you. I was wondering if you'd like to go on a date sometime."

Eric stares at Y/n for a few minutes before he starts to laugh. "You're joking, right? I know we've been friends and all, but you are just too outgoing for me. Your personality is just too much at times. You have a get up and go attitude which I find annoying."

Y/n feels her heart drop. "What's wrong with me then?"

"I just find you annoying. Ever since the first day of Freshmen year, you gained popularity with the popular kids just because you can act really good. I don't like the fact that you put yourself in that kind of crowd."

"You forget the times we live in, Eric. Digimon can attack at anytime. I had to find some kind of outlet to divert my focus when two of our friends were killed years ago. You forget as well they lost friends from Digimon attacks too."

"I don't care anymore, Y/n," said Eric.

The girl that was talking to Eric earlier, reappeared again. "Something wrong, babe?"

"Nothing is wrong Missy. Just some stupid girl confessing her crush to me." Eric turns away from Y/n. "I used to like you I don't anymore." Eric leaves with Missy.

*Lucemon FM POV*

Lucent arrives at the school. He changes his appearance to his human disguise and heads inside. Hs heads toward the auditorium, remembering the way there when Y/n told him earlier that day. As he makes his way there, Eric and Missy walk by. He found it very odd that Y/n wasn't with him. He decides to ask about her. "Hey do you guys know where Y/n is at?"

"You mean the ugly bitch?" Missy asks. "Don't even care where she is at but you on the other hand," Missy bats her eyes at Lucent and blows a kiss at him. "Mind if I ask where you are heading?"

How stupid is this kid?! She is clearly flirting with me while hanging off the arm of another guy. Proves some humans don't even change. "Sorry not interested in garbage, you dumb blond," said Lucent before he walks away. He eventually finds Y/n in the dressing room. Her costume was torn to shreds. She had tears in her eyes. A couple of kids were trying to cheer her up. "I'll make sure she gets home safe," said Lucent.

"Thanks, Lucent. If you see Missy, give her a black eye for me," said one of the girls before they leave the dressing room.

Lucent kneels down to Y/n. "I'm guessing things didn't go well."

Y/n shakes her head no and wipes the tears from her eyes. "I just want to go home."

Lucent scoops Y/n up into his arms, carrying her bridal style. He collects her things with a bit of difficulty. "We'll take the long way home."

Y/n doesn't even protest at this point over the fact that Lucent had her in his arms. "That's fine. Let's go. I don't want to be here anymore."

Lucent leaves the auditorium and walks home with Y/n in his arms.