Unnoticed

It had been seven years. Seven years since the death of the Dark Lord. Seven years since the Death Eaters had been put in Azkaban safe the ones who had been able to weasel their way out. Seven years since Alex Potter had been named the Boy-Who-Lived. 

Seven years of living hell for the practically invisible brother of the Savior of the Wizarding World. Harry James Potter. 

---------------------------

It was early morning in Potter Manor. No one else was awake. Now, we're walking up the stairs in the grand Entrance Hall and through the dining hall to the private chambers. Most don't even look to their left at a narrow, shadowy staircase but instead continue on to the much more open hallway with doors leading to the rooms of Alex Potter and his parents. 

But we are an exception. 

We turn to the left and walk up the ancient black ornate spiral staircase. We continue up into a place where the light barely ever reaches and we stop at a door. It is made of ebony wood and it has an obsidian knocker. Perched atop the knocker is a snake made of Baccarat crystal. Set in its eye is a beautifully polished emerald. 

Normally, this room disappears and comes with its owner wherever its owner may go but said owner is allowing us to enter out of curiosity. 

We enter. 

The room is carpeted in onyx black. The windows have intricate wire patterns of snakes on them. The walls are washed in the deepest green. On the opposite side of the door, there is a rosewood desk with a silver chair. Atop it, there is a ink pot and another, higher pot filled with gorgeous quills. One particular pheasant feather quill is lying on a piece of parchment-evidently a letter that the owner of the room is still working on. There is walk-in closet on the wall next to the desk. Finally, opposite to the inside-facing part of the desk, there sits a grand bed. Its hangings are Slytherin green with silver pillows and a luxurious black duvet. On the other side of the bed is a bureau made of antique cherry wood. In its drawers, it holds many treasures of the occupant. On top of it, there is a mirror and a few trinkets and books bought from both Knockturn and Diagon Alley. 

Finally, our eyes land on the boy sprawled across the bed elegantly. 

His once-jade eyes are now Avada Kedavra green and his skin ivory pale. His features are that of an aristocratic line while his sangria red lips contrasted sharply with the rest of his face. 

This is Harry Potter. 

How did you manage all this? you ask. 

A smirk shows itself on those lips. 

He proceeds to explain, reminding you that this is a special privilege and that no one else aught to hear about it. 

You are shocked speechless by the time he has finished. 

Harry James Potter was 1 years old when he learned to do mundane things like eat, wash, brush his teeth, and comb his hair by himself. He was 2 when he displayed accidental magic and learned to read and write. He had summoned food to himself and had befriended the house elves. He was 3 when he learned to control that magic. It was at that age that he magiked his room into it current state. He also discovered that he was a Parseltongue. He had begun to perform wandless magic. He was 4 when he tried apparating. At first, it resulted in a lot of splinching so he studied the technique of the house elves and learned to apparate the house elf way. Or, as the house elves say, he learned to Shift. He was 5 when shifted to Diagon Alley and went to Gringotts to set up his personal vault. He started working at Diagon Alley at Flourish and Blotts to earn money that was sent to his personal Gringotts account. He also purchased his first books. He learned to do all of the spells front first year to fifth year wandlessly. He was 6 when he finished perfecting all magic taught at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry wandlessly. It was at that age that he explored Knockturn Alley. He still often visited the book stores. He brought home books about the Dark Arts and Parselmagic and delved into them. He was quite proficient at it, thank you very much. He could do magic that even his own parents couldn't. 

Yet, his parents never acknowledged this. Alex had yet to perform accidental magic when Harry had mastered it all a long time ago.  

But why, Harry? you ask. 

For the Dark Lord. I have a photographic memory. I know what he said to me that night. I want to impress him. He will acknowledge me. He knew my potential. 

But he tried to kill you!

That he did. But, it's war. In war, there are lives that are taken. All for a cause. That's what he said and I believe it too. 

Scowling, he guides you out of his room. 

You are appalled. 

James and Lily Potter barely even remember their son. The true Boy-Who-Lived. You gulp in apprehension but even you didn't anticipate what was to happen to morning after Harry's seventh birthday.