An Unconventional Arrival at Hogwarts

In the Wizarding World, no one apart from the families of the Elite knew that Alex Remus Potter had a brother and that Harry James was the true Boy-Who-Lived. Spoiled beyond belief, Alex Potter was hailed as the Savior while his now long-forgotten brother formed a family of loyal Death Eaters in Azkaban. 

         "Harrykins? Remember what Sirius told you, yeah? You land on the bridge. On. The. Bridge. Not in the grounds because you might splinch rather badly. Hogwarts has apparition wards. Yeah? On the bridge, darling, On the-"

          "Yes Auntie Bella, I know. I need to go now. Bye Auntie! Bye Uncle! Bye Stan and Siri!" 

Auntie Bella had somehow acquired a white handkerchief and was currently waving it around, tears of joy pouring down her face while Uncle Rodo wiped a stray tear from his face muttering, "My little boy is all grown up! Oh yes, all grown up!" Stan walked over and embraced Harry roughly, and said into his hair, "Do tell the others I said hi, will ya little bro?" Harry nodded. Sirius pounced on him and (still in his animagus form) proceeded to lick a long stripe up Harry's cheek. 

          "Yeuch! Siriiiiii!!!"

The dog had just barked and started to prance around the cell. 

          "Okay, bye, see ya next year! And yes, Auntie, I'll write."

Harry turned and, with a loud crack, he shifted straight into the Great Hall. Completely disregarding his Auntie's comments. Ah well. Seems he has a mind of his own. 

--------------------

It happened that all the teachers were down in the Great Hall, making sure that the final preparations for the Sorting Ceremony and feast were in place. 

Albus Dumbledore himself was sitting at the Head's table, contemplating. Today was the day Alex Potter would be coming the Hogwarts. It was vital that everything go to plan. Dumbledore knew that he had the Potters under his thumb but if Alex got sorted into the wrong House (i.e Hufflepuff), then nothing would work out the way he wanted it to. 

Just then, there was a loud crack that echoed around the Great Hall. All the teachers looked up at the center aisle to find a young boy with striking raven black hair and green eyes the shade of which Dumbledore could not determine from afar. 

Silence reigned throughout the Hall. 

          "Is this Hogwarts?" came an unemotional voice. 

Professor Minerva McGonagall seemed to finally have recovered from the initial shock of having a first year apparate into Hogwarts. Somewhat. 

          "Y-yes. A-are you a first year?"

The boy nodded indifferently. 

          "Alright. Seeing as the other first years won't be arriving for another hour, I'll take you to the teacher's lounge."

The boy smiled angelically at Minerva and held up one finger, signaling for her to wait a moment. 

He advanced toward the Head's table, robes billowing. 

A shiver ran down my spine as I looked into eyes the exact shade of the Killing Curse. But the boy's eyes did not rest on me. In fact, they roamed the length of the table until they came to my loyal spy, Professor Severus Snape. His face split into a grin. 

Rummaging in his pockets (which obviously had enlargement charm on them), he brought forth a cream colored letter and walked straight to Severus. 

His voice was cheery when it came out. 

          "Hello Uncle Sev! Stan told me to give you this! Auntie Bella said he was quite eager 'cause you were one of his best friends in school! Stan also talked about the potions you've made. Of course, in Azkaban, they don't get weekly deliveries of Potions Weekly, but Stan's tried to keep up anyway. He was really proud when you made the Wolfsbane Potion and he was going on and on about acquiring some and sending it off to Fenrir!"