Chapter 47: The Note

Sam's POV

It's been almost 8 weeks since the incident happened. I stayed at the hospital for a week. Mom wanted me to fully heal from the gunshot wound in my stomach. Every day during my stay, I visit Aphrodite in her room. Her bruises and her wounds started to heal and her glow started to come back.

The school has been considerate of my situation and I managed to catch up with all of the requirements needed of me. Thankfully, Ally and the others have helped me with the lessons. A lot of things happened this past few weeks. It also brought me a lot of obligations to fill in.

The meeting with the princess was quite eventful. Why? I have bestowed the title that my father earned for his contribution. My trip back to London was only for business and not the crown. Mom did know about it but decided not to inform me about it, yet. The princess took matters into her hands and informed me about why my father has been coming back and forth in London.

Mainly because he held the title of Duke of Norfolk. The queen granted him to travel freely back and forth. Thus, I frequently visited London when I was a kid.

Second, I celebrated my 18th birthday in the palace. It was a small celebration which means family, friends, and some friends made by my parents at work. There were some trustees of the queen so that they are informed who is the true duchess of Norfolk. I decided to have my debut for the community on my 21st. The queen respected my love for privacy so she gave me time to enjoy it. After all, the press here is more savage.

Third, I'm not attending classes anymore. I made a deal with the principal regarding homework and exams to which she agreed. The grade wasn't an issue for me.

Lastly, as soon as I graduated, I will take over THE while I take classes for my double degree in Engineering and Business. Mom will still be helping me since I'll be taking some of its classes.

It's past three in the afternoon right now and I'm eager to get off from work. Mom allowed me to work until four in the afternoon. She knew I spend time mostly beside Aphrodite. The girls understood my frequent visit and they visit sometimes when they're not busy.

I know I still got one hour left so I continued signing and reading some reports. From time to time, I take my breaks too by checking up on the girls or by picking them up from school. Then, the five of us drive from there to the hospital.

If you're asking me about Amanda, we two had a clear agreement. She told me that she wants to enjoy more of her single life. Also, I was shocked when she told me that she and Aphrodite are cousins. Luckily, the media didn't look too much at our break up since they feasted more on the more intriguing news from other celebrities. Ever since the breakup, we kept a professional relationship which slowly turned into a friendship.

The company that her adoptive father boomed its economy. She's still doing some fashion shows despite her job in the company.

"Hey, Sam," Mom knocked on the door which got me off from my train of thoughts. I smiled at her before letting her enter.

"Hey, mom. What's up?" I said as I put my pen and documents down.

"I got news from Jade. I think it's much better if you come to the hospital," she said and I quickly zoomed out of the building.

Carter was waiting outside with the car and I'm glad that he's the driver. He knows shortcuts so the trip will be quicker than usual. From what mom said, I'm getting cold feet. What happened to her?

As I anticipated, the trip was shorter and I got off almost immediately out of the car. I brisk walked inside and saw that the elevator was full. So taking the stairs was my only option. I was kind of thankful for having high endurance.