Chapter 16: Bitter Endings

Aphrodite's POV

I looked at the batter in front of me as I signalled the team for the type of throw that I will be doing. They readied themselves as I was about to throw my strongest pitch. We were on our last inning, and we're ahead by one. The opposite has their last call for an out. I took a deep breath before facing the batter. Then, I pitched the ball as hard as I can.

The batter attempted to hit the ball, and she hit, but my teammates knew that she couldn't return the ball, forcing it to be a foul ball. The ball was spinning fast, and it was curving outside the diamond. Then we heard a whistle.

"Foul ball! Out!" The umpire declared, and my teammates cheered as I got the last batter out. WE WON THE GAME! My teammates began piling at me as they lifted me in the air, cheering my name. Damn! It was a close fight against our rival team. The umpire called for the players to shake hands, and I knew that the batter would still be bitter about it.

"Nice throw out there", the batter earlier said with a bitter smile as she gave me a hand to shake.

"Thanks," I said, shaking her hands back. "You were doing great back out there, too," I answered back. "Good luck on your next game" I tipped my hat before leaving with the team.

Everyone went to the locker room with large smiles, and the coach complimented me for thinking about my choice of the throw. I went to my locker and stripped of my clothes. I badly needed a shower. As I showered, I could hear some of my teammates talking about Sam. They were talking about her whereabouts, and now that they talked about it. Ever since the party, I rarely see her. We might be in the same school, but I can't see her, I wonder.

Also, it talked about the school for a week when some men in suits crashed the party. I remembered that those were Ally's bodyguards. Just who is Sam, actually? And those girls, I know they're not the typical snobbish English girls. Ally's already exclusive with the soccer team's ace, Toni, and I thought she's straight because she has too much poise. From what I've heard from April, Alodia is engaged with their captain, Charity, and she's a tech genius. Does fixed marriage still at this age? Rose seems a wild girl, and I don't hear a thing from Catherine. Now that's dangerous. Their air seems to tell me to avoid them at all cost, and I trust my instincts this time.

After I showered, I went back to my locker to get dressed. Some of the girls have already finished getting ready, and only a few of us were only left. I usually got out first since I always take my time to leave; it's not that I'm in a hurry. As I got outside, I was immediately greeted by my ex-boyfriend.

"Babe, we need to talk" I held a hand at his face.

"I told you many times, Jeoffrey, don't call me babe. We're already through," I said to his face. I was about to leave when he yanked my hand and pushed me on the wall, dropping my bag on the floor.

"We're not through!" He insisted. I was starting to get nervous because he's starting to get aggressive again. He gripped hard on my arm, and it made me yelp in pain. Then we heard a door open.

"I think the lady said no", I heard someone say. We turned our heads in the direction of the voice. Catherine was eating a lollipop with her hands tucked inside the back pockets. She looks like Cara in the flesh with just her plain tees and jeans, except that she has a bigger rack and leaner.

"Mind your own business, a new girl", Jeoffrey said in a pissed tone. He was about to drag me with him, but she was quick to grab my other arm. Both of them tugging me.

"Get your hands off her", Catherine said in a warning tone.

"She's going with me. She's my girlfriend," He said as he pulled me. I yelped in pain. Her movement was too quick that I didn't notice that Jeoffrey's grip was not on me anymore.