Chapter 10: Take you home

"Fuck", I internally groaned. I tried to shake off the pain, but it lingered. I could see the pitcher running in my direction.

"Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry" the voice was already familiar to me, and I knew it was green eyes. The girls turned to face me and saw I was gripping my wrist. They were about to approach me, but I signalled to them that I'd be fine.

"Aphrodite, you used your strong pitch, didn't you?" Toni asked as she folded her arms.

"That idiot was asking for it," she said, and our heads turned to the batter who was waiting from the playing field. They were having a friendly match since the batter was wearing a different uniform.

"Just bring her to the nurse's office. Sam, just give your keys to Rose. I'll wait for you until your done checking that up," Toni said as she pointed my wrist. I throw the keys to Rose, and Ally eyed me for a while before leading the girls to the parking lot.

Aphrodite and I headed towards the nurse's office at a slow pace. Well, there's nothing wrong with that, right?

"I'm sorry about your wrist," she said, her head looking on the ground.

"If you're truly sorry for that, you've gotta look me in the eyes, not on the ground," I remarked. It might sound rude, but it's the truth. She quite fidgeted at my tone but turned her head to look at me. I was basically staring down at her because of our height difference. For some unknown reason, we stopped walking. Our eyes both staring at each other.

"Why does it feel like I've known you before?" she said out of the blue.

I shrugged and continued walking. She followed my pace this time, and it wasn't fast nor slow. My eyes glanced in her direction, and I noticed that her raven black hair was tied in a ponytail, and she was also wearing a baseball cap. She has a pale complexion like she's sick, but not. Somehow, her hair reminded me of the bully before.

"Why'd you say that?" I asked, trying to be oblivious about it.

"Your eyes reminded me of someone special," she said with a small smile. I raised a brow at her, and her face was quickly covered in a blush.

"I-it doesn't mean it's you... i-it's just reminded me. Just never mind," she said, walking at a faster pace. I chuckled at her reaction. As we turned right around the corner, I saw Aphrodite opening the door.

"Glenda, are you in?" she asked, looking around the room.

"I'm in here!" I heard the nurse said as she got out of the comfort room. "Oh, hello there", Glenda, the nurse, beamed a smile at me.

"She caught the ball with her bare hand when I pitched it strong" Aphrodite popped out from the examination room.

Glenda examined my hand and touched my wrist. I flinched a bit but quickly hid it.

"Her wrist is swelling, though. I'll go get some ice packs and bandages to wrap it up," she said as she told me to hold my wrist as she instructed.

From my peripheral view, I could see Aphrodite sitting beside me. It didn't take long for Glenda to return with the things in her hand.

"Aphrodite, could you place this ice pack on her wrist. I need to look for some medicine in the cabinet," Glenda instructed the softball player. She softly pulled my wrist and placed the ice pack above the wrist. I hissed at the sudden coolness.

"S-sorry", she quickly apologized.

"It's fine. I'm just surprised at the sudden coolness," I said, relieving her from my reaction.

"You know, we already shouted earlier not to catch the ball, but still you did", she mumbled, but I could definitely hear it.

"Well, don't expect me to dodge a strong spinning ball. I don't want to be hit again in my face" I raised a brow at her. She looked at the side, knowing it was also her doing.