Chapter 12: Liquor and First Kiss

Sam's POV

After inviting Toni's teammates for dinner, we made our way to the parking lot. I quickly gave mom a call, and luckily she agreed. Then, I made calls from the house informing them to prepare for the sudden visitors. It may be short notice, but I know they could accommodate since the mansion is always prepared at short notice. Besides, I only invited the team and their plus-ones. It will be just a small party.

I got the car alone this time since Rose will be driving for Cathy. Alodia will be riding with her fiancee while the rest of them would try to fit themselves since some of them have their own rides. I called Rose to lead the way while I'll be at the last so that no one would get left behind. As for Ally and Toni, they will just catch up later on. Suppose they won't get too much fun with their date.

It didn't take long for us to arrive home, and some of the staff escorted them to the park. I gave the keys to Andrew since he was the one waiting at my door.

"Anything wrong with the car?" I shook my head. Then he got inside; before driving, he rounded up towards the underground garage. Not from far, I could hear the others in awe. It's not every day you get to see someone living near a cliff.

"You really got a beautiful house", Rodriguez complimented, and I thanked her by giving a small smile.

"Everybody follow me" I lead the way to the backyard. I decided to have it a buffet style with a bonfire so that they could relax while eating. The view outside was magnificent as it overlooked the town. If the girls wanted to drink, I could simply ask the maids to bring out the case and let them have their fun—two birds in one stone.

"Don't try to get lost around these walls", I winked at them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

While waiting for dinner, Rodriguez kept bugging Charity about the story of how she and Alodia met. Everyone gathered around as children listened to their grandparents' bedtime stories well, except for Alodia, who was too shy to listen.

The two were like childhood friends, and both of them were acquainted because of their grandfathers, who were close buds since their high school. Their parents became close, and thus when the two met, they became friends. Alodia being the shy one, usually surrounded by books and the only place that Charity finds her always is the library. On every occasion, the two always talk until Alodia got comfortable with her.

"I remembered one time when some snobbish kid decided to pull a prank on Alodia", Charity said with a smile. "Alodia was busy reading as she walked the hallways when they poured oil on the floor. I happened to be there beside her at that time. Both of us fell on the floor, and those snobbish kids laughed at us. I was mad at that time that it didn't matter to me punching the son of a notorious lord back in England. He tried to hit, but his grip was slippery because of the oil scattered around my body. Yeah, after that, I got an earful from my parents," she said with a chuckle.

Then she told us about when both of them were separated because she migrated out of the English soil to follow her parents. They tried to keep the communication, but it was cut off when Alodia's grandfather died of old age. Charity's grandparents visited the funeral, but Charity didn't. As much as she wanted to go but her parents didn't allow her. Alodia was saddened by the news that her only childhood friend didn't come. Since then, they didn't talk.

Not until during the 10th grade, 5 years since the funeral. They were gathered to hear the last will of Alodia's grandfather. It stated that both Charity and Alodia are to be wedded when they come of age. This got everyone surprised. It was also stated that most of the wealth would be given to them as a "wedding gift". Too much of a wedding gift, I guess. I remembered that Alodia was not in school for 2 days, and at that time, she was already engaged.