Chapter 8: Troublesome

Sam's POV

We're sitting right now inside the CEO's office, where mom usually does her paperwork. Mom was sitting at the seat in front of us as Alodia and Catherine worked on the laptop, trying to gain some other information that was hidden from view. Ally and I were trying not to get bored with reading the statistical reports given to us earlier.

"Did you something peculiar?" Ally asked, looking from the reports.

"I've been trying to breach the firewall, but it seems they've hidden it well," Cathy said as she stifled her neck, hearing an audible crack from it.

"Do you need me to help?" I asked. Alodia shook her head.

"Just focus on the reports. I know you'll see something fishy once you get a hand of the information that I'll be giving to you in" All of a sudden, I've heard a beep and pings. I checked my phone and saw the details about the underground activities done by my uncle.

"It seems like he associated himself with those Italian scums," Mom said, her tone was filled with venom. She really hated how my uncle treated me because of the will. I was glad my grandmother see through him.

"Okay. Burn your tracks; we don't want you getting-" then I saw Alodia hammered the laptop in one smash. "Okay, case solved," mom said and went to her chair, gathering our attention.

"Sam, I want you to show your uncle that he made a wrong move with associating himself with those Italians and also", she paused. I stared at her eyes which shows hatred towards the man. "Have him a little hope that he going to have a chance to change the will and then crush it when the time comes", she finished. Sadistic eh?

"Yes, ma'am," I said, standing up. Then, we heard her telephone rang. She pressed a button and answered it.

"Yes, Andrea?" she asked her secretary.

"Mr Thompson cancelled his appointment for today. He said that something went out of order," her secretary quickly answered. Mom sighed, knowing that he somehow escaped the grilling that she wanted to witness.

"Okay. Thank you, Andrea. Anything else?" she asked, and the secretary replied nothing more. "You could take the rest of the day off, Andrea. I won't be needing you anymore for this day. Thank you," she said before ending the call.

"It seems like he must've noticed someone peeked on his accounts", Ally said nonchalantly.

"No worries. This gathered information would become our evidence for his actions. It would totally bite back right at him," Mom said as she leaned on her seat. "Now that the meeting is cancelled. What are you gonna do?" she asked.

"Do we still have time when we'll get back?" I asked, and Cathy checked the time.

"If we take the car right now, we'll be back right before our last class ends", she replied. Heck, it is a long car ride from the school towards here. "If we are taking the chopper, we'll be back for the 2nd period of the afternoon", she added, looking at mom.

"You could use the chopper, but the pilot has already left the premises," she said as she faces the window watching the LA skyline. Then she turned to face me. "Are you up to driving the chopper?" she asked me. The girls turned to me with a surprised look. Well, I didn't tell them about my provisional license on couple transportation vehicles aside from the car and motorcycle.

"Sure. I always bring my license with me," I said, standing up from my seat. I turned to face the girls who were like stuck up in their seats. "What? Aren't you having faith in me?" I asked, raising a brow. They turned to mom, their eyes asking if I was joking.