Chapter 2: Lunch and New School

I looked up again from the window on the tall building we were about to enter. THE was written on top of it. Thompson House Enterprises. The company build by my biological father and is now run by my adopted mother.

I exited the car and waited for Carter to escort me inside. Carter is a very tall man with a height of 6'11". Who won't be afraid of messing with this guy? Right now, I'm 6'1". Yep, that fucking tall. Thanks, Dad!

Eyes were around me as I walked behind Carter. Who won't be looking at me? I was still in my uniform when I got onto the plane. I didn't have clothes to change into because grandma decided just to put the things that were very important to me, and the clothes were not included in the list. I looked around the building, and somehow it was still new to me because I was used to the old English style compared to the modern designs inside this building. Large windows, high ceiling building that was covered with blue, grey, and white hues.

"The president is in her office as of this moment. You go ahead and take that elevator," he said, pointing to the right-most elevator. "Press the 30th floor. There will be someone to guide you from there," he instructed me.

"How about you?" I asked him.

He smiled and showed me the pistol on his waist. I immediately knew he'd gonna do some business. Nodding at him, I made my way to the elevator pressing the 30. While waiting for the elevator to close, a lady who was all over her phone came inside and pressed the 25th floor. I moved to the corner of the tin box.

I observed her with my eyes. The lady was about my age, and she was wearing a white crop top that showcased her toned belly. Over that were a denim jacket, boyfriend jeans, and white sneakers. Music was blasting in her ears while chewing her gum. Her blonde wavy hair was cascading over her beautiful face. I could say she's gorgeous even if I was not wearing my glasses, don't ask.

I decided to remove my coat, and somehow I caught her eyes glimpsed at me over the elevator box's mirror. Losing the ties and folding the sleeves finally got her attention. Grabbing the glasses and slinging them over my sharp nose. It was confirmed that the lady beside me was a beauty.

"I didn't see you there," she said, removing a piece of her earphones. Music was stopped, which means I got all of her attention right now.

"I got here first, actually," I said, accentuating my English accent. My green eyes pierced at her hazel brown eyes, which showed a hint of surprise. She must've thought I was a man.

"My bad. I was busy texting someone," she said.

"Yes, I can see that," I replied, giving her a small smile.

"By the way, my name's Antonia, but my friends call me Toni," she said, giving me a hand to shake, which I returned politely.

"Sam," I answered her back. "What made you come here? Don't you have school?" I asked.

"I came for my sister. She forgot to bring her lunch," she said, raising a paper bag that I overlooked. "As for school, I have my ways," she winked. "How about you? It seems like you had a rough time," she asked, her eyes roaming on my body.

I leaned my back on the tin box and folded my arms as my coat slung on it.

"Just actually got here from London," I said nonchalantly, which earned another surprised look from her.

"Ahh, British. That explains the accent," She said. I shook my head.

"Actually, I'm not," I said with a small smile. "I just happened to study there for some reason," I added. I could see her head nodding.

"And for what reason?" She asked out of curiosity.

"My mother," I said and once more nodding in understanding.