Chapter 34: Announcement

THIRD POV

The guests have arrived as the time passed by. Clicks of cameras and calls from reporters from different news companies can be heard as they called big names in the business industry. A red carpet was leading towards a large room where the party will be held. Intricate designs were all over the place having the theme of Gatsby.

The mass of people split apart as the bodyguards made way for the host. The attention immediately went to the group who were walking down the red carpet with such ease. Their names being called as the cameras took pictures of them. Because of her animosity, Sam's name wasn't called.

"Ms Amanda, is that your date for this evening?" One of the reporters asked. Sam had her hand on the lower back of Amanda as she gave the press a brief smile. Rin passed by them and quickly joined the couple which earned couple more of reporters.

"Yes, " Amanda answered and couples of clicks from the camera was heard.

"Give the press a smile. It would kind of attract the viewers at least, " Rin whispered at Sam before leaving them.

"Alright, " the taller girl chuckled before giving the reporters her million-dollar smile.

"It seems like you've changed sides right now, Ms Amanda. Are you done dating with men?" A female reporter asked boldly, making Sam chuckled at a memory.

"Well, to be honest, it was fun while it lasted but, " Amanda started and looked at her date lovingly. "This knucklehead did something quite unexpectedly bold, " she continued.

"Are we thinking the same thing?" Sam eyed her playfully. Amanda nodded with a smile. The reporters surely captured the rare lovely moments of the couple.

"What can you say about your fan base?" The same reporter asked with an intrigued look.

"Well, sorry fans. This one's off-limits," Sam boldly answered beating the older girl to answer first. She then kissed her on top of her head before leaving the reporters with more questions.

"That was bold of you to do, " Amanda gave her a playful look.

Sam leaned towards her ear and whispered in a low and alluring voice, "I just want them to know your mine."
She smiled in amusement when she noticed the older girl's eyes turned a darker shade.

The group were escorted to settle down at a table near the stage. A lot of people in suits and gowns were talking mostly about business. After all, this gala holds new opportunities and partnerships to bloom but the highlight of the party was not yet revealed to them.

Once everyone has settled down to their seats, their eyes were settled to the host of the evening. Rin stood up in confidence as she held the mic over her mouth. Everyone knew that the woman stood in front of them held much power in the business. She's the CEO of Thompson Holdings for almost 10 years. Rin greeted everyone who came and said some formalities before telling them to enjoy the night.

"When are you gonna come up in stage to be introduced?" Toni asked.

"Probably after some ass-kissing. Mom is as savage she could be. She wanted to know who she could trust after introducing me to some of her investors and partners, " Sam said as she sat back on her seat. "I hope you're ready for some judgemental people. My best friend is quite a catch and a lot of young heirs wanted to get their hands of her, " she warned.

"Thanks for the heads up. If these horny bitches would attempt to touch her, I would probably show them a thing or two, " Toni huffed.

"If you could retort me some witty and annoying remarks, I bet you could get them off their shoes. Violence should be your last resort if anything happens. Don't ever throw the first punch if they ever insulted you, remember that, " Sam eyed the girl, who nodded in understanding.