Chapter 38: Practice

Sam's POV

Saturday came and I was preparing myself to pick up Aphrodite. I should keep in mind that we'll be working on our project for our French class. Going out of my room, I saw Alodia made her way to the library.

Yes, I've told her about the secret room and asked her help on compiling the files. I was really surprised to see her because I wasn't expecting her or anyone to be awake that late. I told her to keep everyone out of it so the information won't be leaked out. Also, Alodia could help me keep tracks on some things when it comes to the downside.

I made my way to the dining room to grab some breakfast since it's still early. Rose's voice could be heard talking with someone and to my surprise, Claire was there with her.

"Oh. Hey Claire," I greeted as I took a seat in front of them.

"Hey, Sam. Good to see you. Are you going somewhere?" Claire greeted with a wide smile. I smiled back at her.

"Yeah, I'm picking up a classmate of mine. We're going to work on our project for our French class," I said sitting down on the chair in front of them.

"Really?" She asked in an amused tone. "If my sister could only go home earlier, she could've helped you with that. Are you that bad?" I heard Rose snicker.

"Sa langue pourrait faire beaucoup de merveilles mais parler en français n'en fait pas partie (Her tongue could do a lot of wonders but speaking in French is not of them)" Rose spoke fluently. Claire laughed wholeheartedly but I glared at the woman beside her because I understood what she told her clearly.

"My bad. I didn't know that you're having a hard time speaking it," Claire wiped her tears from laughing.

"That's the problem. I had to act it out with my partner," I huffed. Somehow this made Rose laugh.

"Oh my gosh. I can't wait to see that," she said in between laughs.

"Need to remind you that my partner is Aphrodite," I said rolling my eyes. "She's been hostile for me this past few days but good thing she decided to become civilised for once. So that's why I'm going out with her today," I said as I started eating the food placed in front of me by the maid.

"Well, I heard that girl is very good in French. For sure she would chew you out because of that," Rose pointed out. I sighed deeply.

Our conversation continued on with Claire telling us about her trip to Europe. She was busy with all the runway shows that she needed to show up. Besides the hectic schedule, there were tons of people shouting left and right for instructions. She told us that it was a normal set up and she already got used to it.

She also told us about Amanda being busy in the field. Not only that, but she also needed to attend meetings too with other businessmen. Her work has been hectic ever since the announcement. As soon as I finished my meal, it was time for me to leave.

"Excuse me, ladies. I'll be heading out," I said as I got off from my seat.

"Take care of the driving, Sam," Claire bid her goodbye.

"What time are you going back?" Rose asked.

"It depends on the progress. If I didn't come back by dinner, you could guess that I might have eaten dinner with Aphrodite," I said strapping the laptop bag on my shoulder. I saw her nodded and bid her goodbye. Then I turned to leave so that I could already pick up the raven-haired girl.

On my way to the garage, Andrew took out the blue SRT Viper. As he got out of the car, he told me that he installed new security features of the car and he hasn't checked it out yet. He told me to do some test drives as I go. Nodding at him, the car vibrated as I pressed the pedal.