Chapter 18: Memory Lane

THIRD POV

Catherine told Sam about the events why the Football team has become afraid of her. After all, she did a lot of digging from each one of them. Mostly the seniors were on the bad side because of their involvement in drugs, and Catherine threatened them about it. She also made it clear to the captain to have Jeoffrey on a leash.

While Sam was out in London, rumours were circulating about a drug that used during parties. It was more like an aphrodisiac. Hence, it boosts the urge of having sex, and the football team has been using it to their advantage. Sam was cringing at the thought of the victims. They being raped without noticing that the drug was induced on them.

"Why keep Jeoffrey on a leash?" Sam asked in curiosity.

"I caught the two arguing, and Jeoffrey insisted on dragging Aphrodite with him. Luckily I was in a washroom nearby and happened to see the two. It was my first time seeing someone with those eyes, Sam. It chilled me to the bones, but I stood my ground. Carter didn't teach me for nothing," she said with a serious look. Sam nodded in agreement.

Ever since that "poison incident", Sam was quite beat up that time since she was the only one who knew how to fight. Catherine personally asked for Carter to teach him how to defend, and together with Sam, they were trained hard. Carter was an ex-military officer and was dismissed because of a brawl with his subordinate. Since then, he was recruited by Rin because both of them were close friends since high school.

"Sam", Cathy called Sam's attention. She heard her hum. "What did really happen in London? You were vague about it" she looked Sam directly in her eyes without breaking contact. The taller girl let out a deep sigh.

"Chandra happened," Sam said as she leaned on the wall. Catherine looked at her with worry because she knew how Sam was in love with her.

"Did something happen?" she asked with worry. Sam explained to Catherine everything she and Chandra talked about. Catherine felt sorry for her friend, and she gave her a side hug. "I'm sorry about the news," she said as she consoled Sam.

"It's fine. Don't sweat it" Sam chuckled bitterly. "Let's go back. The others would probably think we were doing naughty" she grinned.

"Gross!" Catherine said in disgust.

"Don't be a hypocrite. I know you've been flirting with the school nurse" Catherine's eyes went wide. "Oh," Sam chuckled in surprise. "So it was true then?" She lightly pushes her on the shoulder.

"Shut up!" Catherine rolled her eyes. She was embarrassed because she was caught red-handed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Finally, the bell rang, and everyone stood up from their seats, ready to go home. Sam got out of the music room and went to her locker to pick up some things that she left when she saw a girl surrounded by a group of girls in a secluded area. Out of curiosity, she looked up to see who was the poor girl was being bullied. All of a sudden, she heard a loud slap. The girl fell down on the floor along with her things. As she got closer, she noticed the familiar uniform of the cheerleading squad.

"What do you think are you doing?" she asked with a menacing stare.

She has a big hatred of bullies well, basically because she was bullied before. Just seeing one already made her blood boil, but she tried to keep it at bay. As she got closer and closer, the face of the bullied girl got clearer. Aphrodite's eyes went wide in surprise as she saw Sam standing in front of her.

"Get out," Sam said as she gritted her teeth.

The girls quickly scrammed as they fear that Sam would do something bad to them. Sam let out a sigh and kneeled down on the floor, picking up Aphrodite's things.