Chapter 39: Trip

THIRD POV

Aphrodite continued teaching Sam, or more like, recalling the language. With mostly being hit by the book by Aphrodite. Just like Jade said, Desmond got home early and cooked dinner. Sam took a lot of persuasions from the man to stay for dinner.

"Dad, you don't mind Sam would be driving me to school?" Sam choked a bit on her food and quickly drank some water. Desmond looked at her questionably.

"Are you sure Sam? You don't mind?" Sam shook her head.

"It's fine Desmond. Your daughter will be teaching me French for a month in exchange," Sam smiled politely at the older man.

"Okay then. I'll guess I'll be more relieved, " the older man smiled back. "Well, I do hope you told Hailey about it, " Aphrodite froze on her seat as she forgot to remind her best friend.

"O-oh. Yeah, I'll tell her. This won't last for too long dad. Just until our project is done" she smiled at her father, who nodded in understanding.

————

"Well, are you believing me now?" Angelo sat on the couch as he pushed the envelope on the coffee table towards the woman seating in front of him. "Your mother left me after she knew the business I was doing. She was not happy with the environment that I was living in. It was too late for me to know that she ran away with you," he said with a sad look on his face.

The young woman was still hesitant whether she gonna believe the man in front of him or not. The first time she saw him, she had a sudden pull in her chest. Now that she finally saw the DNA test results, it was proven that she was definitely his daughter.

Yes, she is a beauty. So as his dad, but only a few characteristics were inherited from him. She was almost the exact copy of her mother. Her father sat beside her and observed her more.

"You really do look like your mother. Except for your eyes and your hair, " he said as he motioned for a hug. "You don't mind giving this old man a hug?" He asked with a hopeful smile. Not later, his daughter hugged her tightly. Tears were flowing in her eyes as she savoured the moment with her father.

"Why now? Why not years before?" She asked with a frown as she broke off their hug.

"When I learned your mother died in an accident, I had a hard time tracking you down because someone was hiding you from me. I was already too late when I found out you were on another continent with a new family. I'm really sorry princess that I was not around," he said with a sad smile.

"That's alright father. I know this is a lot to take up but I need time to process," Angelo nodded his head in understanding.

"Well, I hope that you could visit me once again so you could meet my family," his daughter nodded. "Also, introduce your girlfriend to me. I wanted to know you're in good hands," he playfully winked, earning a blush from her. Then, the two of them started to catch up.

Both of them bid goodbye and the woman was immediately escorted back to her car. Angelo waved goodbye until it was out of sight before going back inside the house. A man in the suit went to his side informing him of receiving a call.

"Yes, have you found Rachel?" He asked as he took the phone and walked inside the house.

"Good," he said with a mischievous smile. "Since her parents are dead, no one could expect what's coming right at them," he said as he got inside his office. "Keep her somewhere secluded so that she'll have a hard time getting help. Keep her alive, would you?" He went to a minibar inside his office and pour himself a glass of whiskey. Then, he ended the call before sitting on his seat by the table and faced the window behind it.