BACKSTORY

THE BACKSTORY OF
KEELA BLAKE'S LIFE

✦ ·  ·  ·  · ──────────── ·  ·  ·  · ✦

STEVE ROGERS, more commonly known as Captain America, and James Buchanan Barnes are both former soldiers that had fought in World War II. During this time, they both had been injected with serums that made them the super-soldiers they're known to be — Captain America, the hero that everyone loves and praises, and the Winter Solider, the human killing machine that was mind controlled by HYDRA.

However, those two are not the only ones to have had a rough past and to repeatedly enter the ice for many decades. A woman named Keela Blake was experimented on just like Bucky, being made out this monster that she would never imagine herself to be in a million years. She's always been seen as this kind and sweet girl, but entering the ice and being ordered to kill people changed her. She too went by the name of Winter Soldier due to the programme she was forced to be apart of — her and Bucky being the most known from it due to being the most powerful ones.

Despite following the same trauma-filled path, the two Winter Soliders never fought alongside one another. They've never met once in their killing-spree stages, HYDRA making sure to keep them separated due to knowing details about their pasts.

Their past? Well, the pair were lovers. It was always the three friends but they had grown feelings for one another and had soon confessed. This meant Steve had become a third wheel but he didn't care because they still included him in everything and he knew when to give them space to spend time together. Keela and Bucky couldn't be any happier with one another, always needing to be around each other and giving some form of affection.

That's until Steve came back to Keela and reported the news of Bucky's death, the friends spiralling into a sadness that they both couldn't quite get out of. This is the cause of her becoming a super-soldier and being used in a horrific way — not managing to come out with the good end and become a superhero like Steve did. Except, he ended up thinking he lost both of his best friends to death and was put in a freezer for decades.

Getting that serum without consent and undergoing the ice took everything away from her. Her family are dead because she's outlived them, but the worst thing to her is that she never got to see them to say goodbye one final time. They probably thought she was dead and mourned for their loved one for years, yet she was running around committing crimes.

Pepper and Natasha had been the people that had reached out to specifically help her after Natasha had a little run-in with Keela during her being mind-controlled. They had been the one to guide her through it all and provide reassurance, Natasha continuing training her to physically while Pepper provided mental support. The brunette couldn't be more thankful for the both of them, but when Natasha tried convincing her to stay she just couldn't accept the offer and fight alongside the Avengers. Captain America would keep an eye on her too since they had been so close in the past, often speaking to her and giving motivation.

But that's gone now. Natasha is dead after sacrificing herself to save the world, and Pepper is in mourning for the loss of her husband and while trying to raise a child. Though, she does know that Bucky is still alive as she was informed about his whole super-soldier situation that he was facing and had a small reuniting with him once he had returned back to himself since she helped around here and there.

However, things had changed between them both. It had been decades since they last properly spoke and intersected. They're both only just grasping onto how life is now, how different modern day is to when they were young. It's clear they're not together anymore despite nothing being said, neither one saying anything about it.

That just means Keela is left alone once again, the feeling of grief and guilt running through her veins as high as they've ever been. She's left to her own thoughts and they will eventually drown her until she can't take it anymore. The only thing keeping her going is Sam, the man becoming her best friend and constantly checking on her. But deep down she feels like there's something missing.