10 | different teams, different plans

CHAPTER 10,

DIFFERENT TEAMS, DIFFERENT PLANS

✦ ·  ·  ·  · ──────────── ·  ·  ·  · ✦

THE THREE WALK out of the police station without saying much of a word to one another, deciding to remain side by side in silence. Surprisingly, it isn't awkward like they assumed it would be, but that's most likely because they're used to these moments happening. Keela would occasionally glance between them both, wanting to make sure they're okay since this argument was worse than their others so far.

Exiting the large building, they turn to walk down the street when something stops them in their tracks from doing so. Their attention is caught by the obnoxiously sound of sirens blaring as it bounces off the walls loudly, while red and blue lights flash frantically. John Walker and Lemar Hoskins can both be seen standing nearby, their bodies leaning against one of the cars as they remain in uniform.

"Gentlemen and lady!" John calls as the three way over to them. "Good to see you guys again."

"What do you want?" Keela asks, a hint of annoyance laced in her voice.

"Look, if we divide ourselves then we don't a chance, you guys know that." John states.

"So what have you got?" Sam questions.

"Well, the leader's name is Karli Morgenthau. We've been targeting civilians who have been helping Karli move from place to place." John explains.

"They geotagged a location then scrambled the signal." Lemar adds. "But our satellites have found their symbol popping up in various displaced communities all across Central and Eastern Europe."

"We think she's taking the medicine she just stole to one of these camps." John finishes.

"Well, there are hundred of those all over the planet since The Blip. I guess you'll have to look real hard if you want to find it." Bucky states.

"Good thing I have 20/20 vision, huh?" John jokes.

"Oh my god, you're hilarious!" Keela comments, pretending to laugh as she slaps her knee to mock him. "Holy shit. You got me there."

"Where is she now, Walker?" Bucky asks, his voice more demanding as he too is annoyed.

"No, we don't know!" John exclaims. "But it's only a matter of time before we find out."

"Things are really intense for you, aren't they, Walker?" Bucky pushes, receiving a glare in response.

"Take it easy." Sam says. "Look, Walker's right. It's important that we find and stop them as soon as we can. But you guys have rules of engagement and all kind of authorisations that you have to get. We're free agents, so we're more flexible. It wouldn't make sense for us to work with you."