22 | manslaughter and murder

CHAPTER 22,

MANSLAUGHTER AND MURDER

✦ ·  ·  ·  · ──────────── ·  ·  ·  · ✦

WHILE THE THREE friends had been having downtime after the fight with the Dora Milaje back at the place they are staying at, they took a brief walk down the streets to see if they could even just get a hint towards where Zemo could have gone. However, during this time, Sam's sister had called and informed them about how Karli had gotten in contact with her with a threat towards both her and the children. This flipped a switch in Sam, slight irritation crossing him at the idea of family being involved into this fight.

Currently, the trio find themselves dressed in the gear they usually wear to the fights as they stride into the same building they last saw Karli at. Keela and Bucky tagged along with him for neither of them trust the young girl and what she's capable of. They just warn to know that nothing can possibly go wrong and that no fights will break out.

"You called my sister? That's his we're gonna play this?" Sam questions, voice raised towards her.

"Sam, I would never hurt her. I just wanted to understand you better." Karli informs, glancing at the other two. "I see you didn't alone."

"You have to end this now." Sam demands.

"I don't want to hurt you. You're just a tool in the regimes I'm looking to destroy. You're not hiding behind a shield. If I were to kill you then it'd be meaningless." Karli briefly explains. "I was going to ask you to join me, or do the world a favour and let me go."

Sam doesn't reply as the sound of Sharon's voice fills his ears and captures his attention instead. He glances down at the device strapped around his wrist where a map can now be seen trapped John Walker and his movements, being able to pinpoint his exact location. The man is warned that he's either found them or they've found him.

Within an instance, Bucky and Keela jump over the railing with the intention of running to the location that Walker is currently at. Sam joins them but enters the sky's instead, wings from his suit spread far out as he soars through the air. Karli too disappears from her place as she bursts through another set of doors, knowing that she needs to get to her friends as soon as possible before another fight breaks out.

The super-soldiers use their advance speed to sprint through the streets as fast as their legs can take them, skidding past any corner they need to. Eventually, they arrive at the building that John and Lemar are supposedly at in this moment of time where Sam can be seen flying above to get a better look at their surroundings.