18 | wakandans sighted in riga

CHAPTER 18,

WAKANDANS SIGHTED IN RIGA

✦ ·  ·  ·  · ──────────── ·  ·  ·  · ✦

THE FOUR HAVE landed in their new destination and are currently walking down the street. Keela finds Riga to be beautiful; neutral coloured buildings standing tall, hardly any people roaming around and making it appear peacefully, couples walking past hand-in-hand with one another. It looks much calmer than Madripoor where bounty hunters were placed on them, chaos following their lead.

"I heard what became of Sokovia." Zemo begins. "Cannibalised by its neighbours before the land was cleared of rubble, erased from the map. I don't suppose any of you bothered visiting the memorial?"

Silence.

"Of course not." Zemo mutters. "I mean, why would you? We are here."

"I'm going to go on a walk." Bucky announces, causing everyone to stop in their tracks.

"Are you okay?" Keela asks, concern laced in her voice as she looks at him.

"Yeah, don't worry about me." Bucky replies. "You guys go on, I'll be back soon."

The three nod and watch him walk away from them, turning and entering the building that they're going to be staying at for the meantime. Keela takes her place down on the couch where she lays down, head resting against a pillow with her legs curled up to her chest. She's exhausted from all the jumping around they've been doing to find Karli and stop her. She's exhausted for constantly getting emotions mixed together, of having to put on the act of the Winter Soldier to get by. So, the brunette takes a brief nap.

Zemo has already gotten himself comfortable in the room, welcoming himself to the bath that they have and treating himself to a hot relaxation. He soon comes dressed in a black robe with a cup of alcohol held in his hands, which is something they've grown so used to seeing him hold ever since they've been around him. Meanwhile, Sam is sitting on the other end of the large couch with his phone in his hand, trying to pass time as they wait for Bucky to return. However, he had grown bored and decided to shake his best friend awake.

"What the hell?" Keela mutters, rubbing her eyes as she lets out a yawn.

"I want to talk to you." Sam says.

"About?" Keela questions.

"You and Bucky." Sam replies after a hesitant pause.

Keela shakes her head. "No, I'm not having this conversation right now."

"You never leave each other's side." Sam states. "I see the way you look and protect one another."

"Sam—" Keela begins.