24 | taking care of each other

CHAPTER 24,

TAKING CARE OF EACH OTHER

✦ ·  ·  ·  · ──────────── ·  ·  ·  · ✦

A FEW BANDAGES cover Keela's face from the injuries that were inflicted on her during the fight with Walker, making sure to have it thoroughly cleaned so in order to avoid an infection — Bucky doing this job for her so that she's taken care of. Bruises also lay upon her tanned skin from the multiple times she was thrown back against something, or kept repeatedly hitting the ground. She knows that it'll heal soon enough, so she isn't worrying too much.

Currently, Bucky sits up on one of the wooden tables located in the large room as Keela stands right in front of him, more specially in between his legs so that their bodies are a lot closer. She has a wet rag in her hand in order to clean away the red blood that rest upon his skin, returning the kind favour of cleaning his wounds. A hand gently holds his chin to keep his head tilted back, carefully dabbing the cut on his nose. As she does this, he simply holds an ice pack up to his cheek where a bruise sits.

"Ow!" Bucky suddenly hisses.

"Stay still, you big baby." Keela instructs as she watches him shift his head to the side. "I'm trying to help you here."

"I don't want bandaids." Bucky informs.

"What, you want to show off to the world how you got into a fight with the John Walker?" Keela teases as she laughs lightly.

"No, idiot." Bucky replies as he too laughs. "You know I've never been the one to bandage any cuts."

"I know, I'm just playing around." Keela says. "At least let me clean them, Buck."

After a receiving a nod of consent, the brunette reaches out and allows herself to tilt his head back slightly so that he's staring up at her face once again. This allows her to get a better look at the injuries as the light shines through the broken windows and onto them both. Keela then raises the damp rag that is still held in her hand where she continues to dab away the blood while ensuring that the cuts are clean and won't get infected — actions gentle to avoid harming him any further.

Bucky watches her carefully where he then notices how focused Keela appears to be with her tongue gently resting on her bottom lip and her eyes trained on his face. His eyes then travel to the rest of her face where he then begins to admire her facial features; earthy brown that appear as a honey colour when the lights hits it, the faint moles dotted over her face, and the prominent cupid's bow on her soft pink lips. A few scars are faintly resting upon her skin from previous fights, but Bucky still continues to view her as the same woman he fell in love with decades ago — "she's the most beautiful angel I've ever laid eyes on." he had told Steve one time.