6 | super-soldiers

CHAPTER 6,

SUPER-SOLDIERS

✦ ·  ·  ·  · ──────────── ·  ·  ·  · ✦

THE THEEE WAIT around for a minute or so, staying completely silent so that no more attention is drawn towards them. However, fortunately enough for them, the exact people they're staying hidden from eventually stop searching the abandoned warehouse for people and pile into the truck they had been filling up with crates. Keela just watches them carefully, waiting for Sam's signal to say that they can leave their places and go.

"There's an eighth person." Sam informs, using Redwing to his advantage. "I think they have a hostage with them."

That's enough to make them all more from behind the shelf. Keela and Bucky take off running out of the run-down building where they sprint out onto the road, following closely behind the two trucks that has just set off on their travels. Sam spreads the wings of his suit and immediately enters the sky's to watch from above, keeping an eye on them both to make sure nothing goes wrong.

Bucky sprints back to one of the trucks and jumps up onto the first one that's leading the way, landing on the back of it and just about managing to hold on. He reaches down and pulls the lock before swinging the metal door wide open so that he's able to enter and rescue the hostage. Before doing so, he turns back around and holds his right hand out for Keela to take, her gladly accepting it and allowing him to help pull her up.

The two then enter the back of the vehicle to see different containers propped up inside of it. Eyes wander from one box to another with curiosity. Bucky moves closer to one of them to get a better look at what they're storing inside of it, needing to get more detail about why they're stealing things - he concludes that it's medicines and vaccines.

Keela, on the other hand, continues to glance around the inside to see if she can spot the hostage within the large boxes scattered around in the darkness. She manages to, eyes landing on a curly-haired ginger girl with dark freckles dotted all over her olive face. Cold blue eyes stare back, showing more evil and contrasting her petrified expression.

"Hello." Keela greets, voice soft. "Are you okay? Are you hurt?"

Bucky immediately turns around at the sound of her voice, wondering who she's talking to. He follows her gaze and notices the younger looking girl that has come out of her hiding place from behind one of the containers. It warms his heart that still after all these years, Keela has managed to maintain the kindness she had all those years ago — especially hearing her voice sound so soft to avoid scaring the girl.