26 | the wilson's boat

CHAPTER 26,

THE WILSON'S BOAT

✦ ·  ·  ·  · ──────────── ·  ·  ·  · ✦

SAM RETURNED BACK home from his conversation with Isaiah a few hours ago. He has been spending most of his time catching up with the family to make up for the small moments he didn't get to experience while out on the mission. And, though they may not admit it, the two boys had missed their uncle dearly and are excited to see him back in town. However, while this is happening, both Sam and Sarah subtly made sure that Keela wasn't feeling excluded at any point in time.

The siblings had decided that they needed to fix up the boat before they can even try put it out onto the market to be sold — Sam stating they should keep it while Sarah argues against this. This is only because it had been denied the first time with the claim that there is too many parts that are wrong with it. The only problem is that the point of selling the boat was to gain more money to survive off of, meaning that they won't have enough to buy new supplies.

So, after making multiple phone calls, the whole town begins coming together and finding any spare supplies that are needed. They all owe the Wilson are a great favour for their kind actions in the past and are more than willing to help out such caring souls. It's beautiful to see everyone out under the sun rays while catching up with one another, working as a team to the best of their abilities.

"Now we need to figure out a way to get these off the truck." Sam states as he glances at the vehicle.

"I can try." Keela offers.

However, before the brunette can even attempt to, the sight of Bucky walking into their eye-line catchs the both of them off guard. They had assumed he was still out dealing with handing Zemo over to the Dora Milaje since he hadn't gotten in contact with them. The heavy metal located in the truck is then lifted up into the air before being placed back down onto the side of the docks where the boat floats in the water. Followed by that, Bucky picks up a briefcase and pushes it onto the side to view.

"Just dropping this off. You can sign for it and then I'll go." Bucky informs as Sam runs his hand over the material. "I called in a favour from the Wakandans."

All of a sudden, the sound of gas hissing from a burst pipe fills their ears and interrupts the conversation they were about to have. Sarah swiftly calls for her brothers help to which Keela passes Sam the correct tool that needs to be used for this task, watching him walk forwards and begin to try fix it. Bucky notices that he seems to be struggling due to his technique being incorrect, he too walking forwards where he then politely takes over the role of fixing it.

"You've got to go up." Bucky tells him.

As Keela drops down onto the boat beside them with curiosity, her eyes rest on the sight of Bucky twisting the tool upwards in order to tighten the pipe shut once again. Sam only intently watches what is their friend is doing, making mental notes to remember to do it next time and learn from his small mistake. Eventually, the hissing of the gas comes to a gradual stop as the screw to the pipe is securely closed.