15 | new person, new offer

CHAPTER 15,

NEW PERSON, NEW OFFER

✦ ·  ·  ·  · ──────────── ·  ·  ·  · ✦

THE FOUR FOLLOW Sharon out of the car where they enter through a set of guarded gates and make their way into a vast building filled with precious artefacts. Keela's eyes glance around at each one of them with amazement, gazing into the glass boxes that surround them purely for protection.

"Looks like breaking all those laws for us is treating you well." Sam says.

"I thought at point point that if I had to hustle then I might as well enjoy the life of a real hustler." Sharon replies. "Do you know how much money I'll get for a real Monet?"

Sam laughs. "Easy now. Reactivate your hustle mode. You sell fake Monets."

"No, she means real." Zemo corrects. "This gallery is specialised in stolen artwork."

"It's true. Half the artwork in museums like the Louvre are fake. The real stuff sits in places like this." Bucky adds.

"I see what you're doing. You're more worldly than good old Sam." Sam comments.

"What does google say then?" Keela asks, holding back a smirk as she knows they're right.

"No shit." Sam mumbles.

"Come on, you three need to change." Sharon states. "I'm hosting clients in an hour, so we need to hurry up."

✦ ·  ·  ·  · ──────────── ·  ·  ·  · ✦

A pristine white room can be found on the top floor with a large amount of space that can make people feel comfortable in. The lighting has a warm one to it and allows visitors to feel welcomed into the area. Modern decorations also surround the place, the pricing varying but still costing an awful amount of money. In the middle of it all, a yellow couch rests on top of a rug that has both Keela and Bucky sitting on it, waiting for Sam to finish picking out a shirt.

"Are you okay?" Bucky asks as he turns to look at her. "You know, after what just happened?"

"I guess." Keela replies, sighing. "I just don't like bringing up bad memories like that. It was like I was reliving moments again, and I was afraid of losing control because we had to strictly remain in character."

"I understand how you're feeling." Bucky informs, giving her a small smile. "The past is long behind us but the memories aren't and they're haunting. I get that."