16 | the story behind the new serum

CHAPTER 16,

THE STORY BEHIND THE NEW SERUM

✦ ·  ·  ·  · ──────────── ·  ·  ·  · ✦

ONCE AGAIN, rave music is being blared through the speakers as LED lights shine around the inside of the building and reflects off of metallic objects. People can be seen dancing to the rhythm of the music with alcoholic drinks held in hand, some even pushed up against one another as their hips away. Even Zemo can be seen beside the bar, hand balled into a fist and hitting each beat.

Keela, feeling uncomfortable with the setting they're in when they have bigger problems to be dealing with, pushes herself through the crowd and continues trailing behind her friends. Sam keeps glancing over his shoulder to keep an eye out for anyone acting suspicious, but also to make sure that he hasn't lost either of them. Bucky notices that she keeps chewing on her bottom lip or walking slightly faster to keep up, wanting to reach his hand out and intertwine it with hers. But he decides against it.

"Guys, I found him." Sharon informs as she walks over to the four.

And so they set off as a group, exiting the club and making their way outside where hundreds of storage containers. Sharon has her phone out as she directs them all through the narrow pathway of mazes, constantly glancing up form the screen and searching around to see if she's going the right way.

"Madripoor could give New York a run for its money." Sam comments.

"With that bounty on your heads, the longer you stay in Madripoor, the less likely you'll ever be leaving." Sharon informs, coming to a stop. "Okay, he's in container 4261, it's just over there."

"Are you not coming with us?" Keela asks.

"No, I'll be keeping an eye out while you guys talk to Nagel. Can't have you guys getting trapped in there and risk dying, can we?" Sharon replies, passing each one of them earpieces. "You have to hurry though because we're running on borrowed time."

As the blonde woman walks away, the three advance forwards towards the container number that they had been specifically directed to. Sam pulls the heavy metal door open and takes one look inside, a frown of confusion falling over his face.

"Sharon, are you sure this is the right one?" Sam asks. "It's completely empty."

"I'm positive. It has to be." Sharon replies.

Keela and Bucky glance at one another with uncertainty before stepping forwards and entering the container like the other two. Zemo turns his flashlight on and shines it around in the darkness, trying to see if he can spot anything suspicious along the walls. And he manages too, walking to the far back before pushing against the rusting metal and opening a door with a clang. Soft music can now be heard coming from deep inside the secret room.