13 | madripoor

CHAPTER 13,

MADRIPOOR

✦ ·  ·  ·  · ──────────── ·  ·  ·  · ✦

THE NIGHT TRIES to swallow Madripoor into a deep darkness of nothing, only to be fought against with bright lights from the thousands of buildings clumped together. Not a star can be seen in the cloudy sky as the wind brushes against the four's skin, Keela's hair being blown back behind her shoulders.

Not a single star, almost like they're there to represent a relationship; tons being in the sky when lovers were connected, and none being when they're separated. A small thing that can change people's prospective on things. For example, star gazing is an activity Keela and Bucky shared together in a sweet moment where their love for one another was always shown through affection or words. But now there's nothing, hidden away behind the clouds like their feelings deep inside.

Zemo has made sure that they're all in disguise, making sure that nothing can go wrong before they even set off for their journey. This means that Sam has been shoved into a very colourful suit, while Keela and Bucky have been dressed in black gear that represents them as Winter Soldiers. Zemo, on the other hand, is just turning up as himself.

"Okay, no, we have to do something about this." Sam begins in protest.

"About what?" Keela questions, eyebrows furrowing in confusion.

"I'm the only one who looks like a pimp!" Sam replies.

"Only an American would assume a fashion-forward black man looks like a pimp." Zemo comments. "You look exactly like the man you're supposed to be playing. The sophisticated, charming man named Conrad Mack, aka the Smiling Tiger."

"He even has a bad nickname." Sam mutters, glancing down at the picture handed to him. "Wow, he does look like me though. Keela, do you agree?"

"Wait, woah." Keela says as she looks at the picture he's showing to her.

"Okay, no matter what happens, we have to stay in character. Our lives depend on it, so there's no margin for error." Zemo tells them as a car pulls up in front. "High Town's that way, but Low Town's the other way."

"Let me guess, we don't have many friends in High Town." Sam says, receiving a headshake in response.

All of them climb into the car and allows the driver to start taking them to their location, Zemo situated in the front passengers seat while everyone else is squished in the back. Keela is seated between both Sam and Bucky so that they don't have to complain to one another about not having any room, not wanting to deal with another one of their little arguments right now. But this means that her body is pressed against Bucky's, a tingly feeling running through her body as her heart beats faster.