9 | couples therapy

CHAPTER 9,

COUPLES THERAPY

✦ ·  ·  ·  · ──────────── ·  ·  ·  · ✦

KEELA AND SAM can be found sitting on some chairs in the waiting room, having been there for awhile after getting the news that Bucky was let off. But their little quiet time comes to a fast end when Dr Raynor comes walking from around the corners and grabs both of their attention. Keela falters slightly at the sight of her therapist, unsure of why the woman needs to speak to the both of them right now.

"Keela, it's nice to see you again and taking my advice. And Sam, I've heard a lot about you." The woman greets. "I'm Dr Raynor. I'm James' therapist... And Keela's too."

"It's so nice to meet you." Sam replies as he formally shakes her hand.

Keela smiles. "Thank you for getting him out."

"That was not me." Dr Raynor informs.

"Christina!" John Walker calls from the other end of the room where he's taking pictures with fans. "It's great to see you again."

"Him? He got Bucky out?" Keela hisses, her growing eyes wide as her smile falls.

"You've got to be kidding me." Sam mutters, turning to face the woman. "How do you know him?"

"We did some field ops back in the day." Dr Raynor replies.

"I heard you were working with Bucky, so I thought I'd step in." John begins as he walks over to them and joins the conversation. "Bucky's not gonna be following a strict schedule any longer."

"We haven't finished our work." Dr Raynor states, confusion crossing over her face. "Who authorised this?"

"Me." John replies, smugly. "He's too valuable of an asset to have tied up. Just do whatever you got to do with him, then send him off to me. The same goes for Keela, here. We have some unfinished business to deal with. You too, Wilson. I'll be outside."

John Walker turns to walk off before any one of them can say much more on the situation he has arisen. Keela can't help but feel anger towards the man at the fact he's literally taking them away from therapy purely for his benefit, treating them like an object just because he sees them as 'assets'. Therapy has actually been helping both of the super-soldiers, whether they like to admit it or not. Keela finds it nice to know that someone is willing to take time out of their day to sit and listen to her problems, as well as being patient enough for her to eventually speak.

So, out of anger, the brunette attempts to lunge forwards and tackle John to the ground in an effort to beat him up for taking that away from her and Bucky. However, an arm snakes around Keela's waist and hauls her back from doing so, her back falling flat against a muscular chest as they keep their hold on her. She looks up to see Bucky standing there, gaze already looking down at her.