2

The apartment is quiet beside the morning hustle of those walking by outside my window. The sun shining through the blinds angling around my room like a kaleidoscope and I sit basking in the warmth of the morning before finally swinging my legs over the edge of the bed and sitting up.

As I open the bedroom door the utter pin dropping silence only alerts me that Cadence isn't home. Honestly I'm thankful. I had no problems with her but after the little stunt she had pulled nights prior I'm thankful we haven't seen each other much.

The apartment holds a cold breeze and I shiver slightly as my feet prod against the cold tile as I made my way into the bathroom.

Quickly turning the shower on with a simple switch and beginning to undress before stepping into the scolding hot stream, letting it burn against my skin, my mind wandering for a second.. thinking of my birthday once again.

My mind darting to the random blonde boy whom I had smoked with outside of the club as well as the black lighter that sat in the pocket of my jacket from that night, even the drug dealing scene that wanted around in the club.

Pushing the random thought aside in my head, finally stepping out after bathing and then raking a brush through my nearly matted hair.

I pull my leggings and sweatshirt on with ease glancing down at my phone reading the time and stashing it into my sweater pocket once realizing I'm late for morning classes.

My nervous feet carry me to the door before grabbing my jacket and cradling it in my hands before locking the apartment door and taking off down the hallway and into the elevator.

As I got into the small space of the elevator and patiently waited for the doors to close to bring me out of the building I nearly choke on my own breath as I make eye contact with one of the men from the club nights before.

He walks side by side with a girl I've never seen before,  the two making their way to the elevator. As the two doors finally begin to part from the wall and attempt to close the girl calls out and I bite the inside of my cheek anxiously. Something I've been doing more and more since transferring.

"Hey, hold the door babe!" The girl calls out while her arm jutts out to catch my attention.

Sucking in a deep breath and avoiding eye contact, I press the doors open again and nearly fall into myself as the man steps into the elevator with us and the girl turns to look at me thankfully.

"Thanks, anyway do you think Harry'll go for it? Ni can't and you already told him you can't make it either?"

The guys eyebrows furrow slightly as he looks at me from the corner of his eyes, knowing that I'm clearly listening to their conversation.

Averting my eyes to the ground and staring at the worn converse covering my feet in fake interest, I turn slightly toward the wall away from his attention.

He speaks with a gritty British accent and clears his throat slightly. "The crowd is gonna be a bit softer than what he deals with so it'll be fine."

The elevator doors ping open and soon the guy and girl are getting off without as much as a glance back at me buried in the back corner of the elevator, the doors shutting once again before lowing to the ground floor and I nearly fling myself from the small box.

Soon enough I'm  back out on the pavement of the open streets and on my way to class with a hitch of pep in my step after deciding to just skip my first lesson.

The paths are filled with other students making their way to their own classes and I feel a sense of calamity wash over my near frantic state, the cool air comforting on my clammy skin.