34

"My heart aches like never before

Filled with desire

You've inspired me to write another verse

I think we're alone now

You can tell me it was all just a game

But the feeling's slightly changed'

"What do you mean they were aiming for me?" My words slow as I try to process what he's just told me.

Bringing myself from behind him on the chair and letting my legs drag me to one of the chairs that hasn't been pulled to barricade the door.

Harry doesn't move from his spot at the vanity, his chest still heaving with heavy breaths as he finally calms himself down. No longer over exerting himself.

"They were watching, they don't want me to have anything to do with you." He admits yet his voice sounds hesitant.

"How do they even know who I am?"

He gives me a long stare, surely debating on what exactly to say that will appease me. Something he's been doing rather frequently lately. However nothing is ever up to par, regardless of how long he thinks about it.

"You uh- you met Val that night he came in before a match.. Niall and I told you not to talk to him." His words holding back yet I take what I can get at the moment.

"Okay then... I guess a better question would be why are they watching us... why don't they want us around each other. What have I done?" Still confused on the situation, still not able to fully believe that my presence caused a full shooting, it being my fault that there are dead bodies in the other room.

His face contorting as he sees the effect the situations is having on me, my body deflating in my seat as I choke back a cry in the back of my throat.

Not wanting to get emotional right here with Harry when I'm supposed to be pissed at him. Theres so much I should be pissed at him for but as he looks at me with concern and edges himself to the corner of his chair I feel it all start to disintegrate within seconds.

Those worrying green eyes holding the slightest bit of compassion as he watches me wrap my arms around myself in comfort.

Finally standing to his feet as he moves to console me, my eyes blinking back tears that threaten to fall.

"You.. fuck. You didn't do anything at all. It's because of me." He lies, trying to change the blame but it's far too late. He's already said the truth and he can't cover it up now.

"No it's not, I'm not supposed to be here. You said that, Zayn has made it clear time and time again that he doesn't want me with you guys. I'm not supposed to be here and because I came there's people dead."

Zayn has made it clear time and time again that he doesn't approve of me being around their type of business and maybe it was for the best. Of course not mattering now as me hanging around has already shifted the energy amount them and their 'coworkers'.

He's coming closer to me now, moving to sit beside me. His body awkward as he looks like he's trying to find a way to comfort me, but I don't want it.

I don't want to be comforted by him, knowing as soon as he shows any sort of signs of being a decent person all this anger is going to melt away.

I need to hold my ground, be angry for once. I deserve it, I have the right to be mad and stomp around and scream, just as Emerson told me I can yet when Harry sits down, his bare shoulder brushing against mine I toss my head into my hands.