3

The next morning Cadence had to come and shut the shower off for me as I sobbed on the floor of the shower.

I hadn't slept for even a moment throughout the entire night. My mind going in circles thinking of being suspended, removed from my classes and or worse... expelled.

My eyes were puffy and red with tears and I almost felt sick.

Cadence had opened the bathroom door with a grunt and shut the water off with quick hands before turning to leave.

"Its almost 7, if you're gonna go, leave now." She slams the door shut roughly and I stand on weak legs to begin putting my clothes on.

I leave the apartment quickly avoiding Cadence, feeling the embarrassment of her having heard and seen me crying in the shower.

The walk to the building is quick and my lip quivers attempting to hold back my tears as I get closer and closer to the administration office.

The dean hadn't contacted me, maybe she wasn't going to. Maybe she hadn't yet, but I wasn't taking the chance. After checking in with the receptionist I sit in one of the chairs and subconsciously ring my hands together while waiting. 

Mrs.Davis, the dean, opens her door and ushers for me to come inside minutes later and once again my heart feels like it could jump from my chest. I was up on feet entering the room in seconds.

As I sit in the chair opposite of her desk I think briefly of what would be best to say, however my mind just stares at the large desk and I keep quiet to my thoughts until she finally shuts the door and sits down.

"Ms.Fl-"

"I kn-"

We speak at the same time and Mrs.Davis ushers for me to speak first and to continue what I was going to say.

"I know the police mentioned they would be contacting you. But I just want to say that this is nothing like me, I do not indulge in this sort of stuff in my time outside of classes and I know it was a difficult decision for you to let me transfer here and I understand what I did was wrong but please give me a chance to explain myself." I plead, my hands raising to emphasize how I'm feeling and Mrs.Davis just stares at me, surely seeing how emotional I was becoming.

"Now they did not give me a lot of information about your involvement on the entire ordeal but they did say that you knew who was distributing what was being given out last night... is that correct?"

I chew the inside of my cheek and ponder my thoughts for a second thinking of the best way to go about the situation. I certainly couldn't mention Quincy, but I have no clue who Styles is ... yet again though I had told the police he was the one who had given everyone their drugs but he wasn't the one who gave it to me.

I look up seeing the expecting eyes staring back at me. " It's a yes or no."

"Y-yes.. no. It's much more complicated than that." I admit and pinch myself slightly realizing the severity of the situation.

"Did you or did you not give the police the name of the student who dealt drugs to those who were present last night Ms Flores?"

"I did..." I let out with a deep breath and soon realize I've backed myself into a corner.

However before she can say much else the receptionist is knocking on the door and opening it slightly.

"He's here Elizabeth, would you like me to send him in?" She asks quietly and the dean nods her head yes.

Moments later the door is being nearly ripped from it's hinges and in comes an extremely angry boy. A sweater the color of lilac clinging to his chest matched with a pair of black jeans and converse covering his feet.