38

'Cause I was going down, but I was doing it with you 

Yeah. everything we broke and all the trouble that we made

But I say that I hate you with a smile on my face 

Look what we became'

It took quiet some convincing to get me out of bed. That paired with a rough pull from Harry and I was finally up.

Now standing in the shower to rejuvenate myself and try to build a bit of energy from the panic attack and complete manic episode I went through.

The water burns against my skin, jolting my senses awake before I step out and get dressed. Brushing my hair as I leave the bathroom and Harry stands in the living room, scrolling on his phone as he waits for me.

A frown on my face as we step out of the door and step into a cab he had ordered. The backseats smelling worn and dirty while the driver doesn't bother even saying hello to us.

Only proceeding to bring us into the actual city. The building tall and covered in snow, the windows cold to a touch and the ground slick with ice.

We're completely in winter.

Harry pays the drivers as we pull up outside of an arcade, the letters fraying from the sign and the walls blacked with years on them.

"Is this place even open?" I question as I cover my eyes, shielding the sun from beating on me as I look at the near empty parking lot.

"I wouldn't have brought you if it wasn't." He calls while stepping in front of me, moving to the door, tugging it open as a handful of neon lights meet my gaze in the low lighting of the building.

Video game machines cover the floor, a stairway tucked to the wall that drifts upstairs and everything is old and retro theme. My eyes finding their way to the pacman machine first, staring in complete awe.

"Where did you find this place?" I question him as we walk on the printed carpet, crushed with the pattern of dark blue and neon shapes.

My converse looking like a completely new invention next to everything, Harry steps in front of me, passing me quick glances as I follow behind him.

"I've always known about it."

Moving toward the staircase. Feet in unison while we climb the stairs, a group of younger girls passing us with quick feet.

Their eyes glued to Harry with interested gazes and I quirk an eyebrow up tantalizing them, their only reaction being giggles before they move off of the platform at the same time we get to the top.

A row of doors set behind a lobby desk catch my attention, the complete vibe of the room different than the retro downstairs. The colors the same as they're all neon and bright yet no patterns or designs litter the floors or the walls.

A dark wallpaper only enhancing the feel of the lights as a long line of people stand waiting to speak at the lobby desk.

My mind jumbled with the empty parking lot, compared to how busy and full the actual building seems to be.

"How is it so busy, there were no cars in the parking lot?" I whisper to him curiously , keeping my gaze on all of the people surrounding us.

"You didn't think we'd be coming anywhere normal did you? Underground Jules." He says the words as if they were obvious, and maybe they were.

My brain still fumbling with my own thoughts, making everything that much more difficult to come up on.

I nod my head, a bit embarrassed but the line moves quickly, groups of people entering the doors behind the desk and suddenly Harry and I are the ones at the front while the line fans out behind us.