Chapter Seventeen

[A/N]: FEELS OVERLOAD BELOW. READ AT YOUR OWN PERIL. YOU MIGHT DIE OF SQUEALS. I BELIEVE I DID THREE TIMES WRITING THIS.

But don't be mistaken... This is NOWHERE near the end.

MWAHAHAHAHAHA.

Enjoy.

~Link

~~~~

"Eye spy with my little eye, something beginning with... L."

"Is it me?"

"Nope."

"Light?"

"Nope."

"Lamp?"

"Not even."

"Love?"

"Perhaps, but not what I'm looking at."

"L... Lollipop?"

"YES!" Laughing, you poke his nose before pointing to a vase not too far away, and next to it, lollipops.

Lawliet chuckles and moves a stray strand of [H/C] behind your ear, "Of course..."

Your head was on his lap as you were at his apartment, sitting on his sofa. Or, well, you were lying down on his sofa. Outside was a beautiful day, and the birds could be heard from inside as the gentle breeze flows in from the window. It was a pretty spacious and light apartment, you had to admit.

Softly, you playfully hit his stomach and laugh, "It's me we're talking about here!" Both of you chuckle, and grow quiet, enjoying each other's company. After some moments, however, you look up at him and speak up, "Lawliet, we need to talk."

He blinked, and smirks slightly, "Uh-oh, this sounds serious."

You smile widely and shake your head, "Not like that... But it is kinda serious."

"Hm? What's up, buttercup?" The raven grew serious as you sat up, and he got perched in his signature position.

Softly, you take his hands and have a deep breath, before asking, "What're your plans for after finals?"

Lawliet blinks in thought for a moment, before he sighs, "I was, um. I was wondering how to bring this up myself, actually. You see, I only have permission to stay here by the Japanese government for as long as the Kira case goes, and technically they shut it down, so..."

"So you have to leave after graduation..." You nodded in assurance to yourself.

He nods slowly, "Yeah. I have to leave back to England."

After a moment, you clear your throat, "Well, I have to think about my future, and Uni, and-"

"I... Never expected you to leave for me. Don't worry, I wouldn't want to hold you back," The raven lets go of your hands.

"No, no, no!" Giggling, you take his hands. "I told you, I'm not breaking up with you!"

"I don't want to hold you back from having a boyfriend who's there for you... I couldn't do that," A small sigh leaves his lips as he shakes his head.

On your lips, a grin grows, "That's... Why I applied for Oxford university. And I got in."

"...You're coming to England?"

"I'm coming to England, but only if you want me to," You nod.

Lawliet laughs and kisses your hands, "Of course I do!" He leans in and kisses you deeply, his mouth exploding with passion with yours. Slowly, he pulls back and rests his forehead on yours, "This is... Wow. I can't believe this is happening."

"It's happening alright... I don't wanna let you go again," You gently kiss him, gripping his shirt.

Smiling, he kisses you back before pulling back, "So... So it's all set?"

"It's all set."

"Wait," Lawliet froze, staring at you. "Not yet. I'm not happy about this yet."

Tilting your head, you frown slightly, "Why not?"

"...Because I want you to stay. Stay with me. As in, forever..." The raven stood up and runs a hand through his hair, pacing left and right, "I mean, I really, really like you, that's obvious because I love you, but it's not enough to know you're gunna be there, understand? You're going to be surrounded by a bunch of girls and guys doing whatever you're doing and-"

"...Are you getting jealous already?" A small giggle escapes your lips, positioning yourself like his perched poise.

He kneels down in his crouch and puts his hands on your shoulders, "I am. Don't take this as I don't trust you with them, I completely do, but with beauty and a personality like yours there is a 73.8% chance that at least one other man is going to try and take you from me... So hear me out. I know we haven't been dating long-"

"Lawliet-"

"-and you might not feel ready for this-"

"Lawliet..."

"-but I want this, and I always have wanted this-"

"Lawliet."

"-from the moment I met you. [Y/N] [L/N], will you marry me?"

Frozen. You were completely frozen. Did he just..? He just... Seriously, he just...? I mean, Lawliet. The Lawliet. L, the world famous detective just... Proposed to me?! My... My childhood best friend just proposed to me. The guy I love just proposed to me...

There's only one thing I can say.

"Yes. One-hundred-absolutely-positively-thousand percent yes!" Laughing, you tackle the boy into a hug.

Lawliet blinks, "We're engaged..?"

"We're engaged!" You squeal, and kiss him. Passionately, he kisses you back and grins into it, as do you.

And this... This was the beginning of something beautiful. Your life with Lawliet.

With The Raven.