Chapter Eight.

"Kira is a man who has a god-complex, with a twisted sense of right and wrong, like a child. He's made mistakes and shown us he is a student which lives in Japan, more specifically the Kantõ region, and can kill with only a name and face... If he lives in this general area, there's a chance us locals have already been identified and Kira can kill us at any point." You point out, unwrapping a sweet for Lawliet.

Said boy nods, "Yes, Kou-chan here has a point... It had been specified that Kira lives in the Kantõ region so therefore there is in fact a 68% chance that Kira already knows you all."

"So what should we do, L-san?" Matsuda asks.

Lawliet sighs and puts the sweet in his mouth, "All you can do is keep using your fake names, I've never dealt with a case like this before- it's rather unusual."

"I think that's kind of obvious." Sochiro Yagami chuckles.

The ravenette nods, "I suppose so, yes. What I wonder is the means used to commit these murders..."

"Perhaps some sort of... Computer programme? We know that Kira is intelligent so perhaps he or she programmes their face and name and it somehow passes a disease through it?" Matsuda asks.

Light face-palms, "I don't think this is some sort of government conspiricy, Matsuda-san."

"Perhaps some type of... Sketch pad or note pad. Well, a note pad would make the most sense since with a sketch pad, if you draw the face you wouldn't need a name as everyone looks different... With a notepad, if you write down the name, people share names." You suggest.

"Not bad... But no one is a perfect drawer." Watari points out.

You chuckle, "And the whole situation is logical."

He chuckles, "I suppose you have a point."

"Perhaps we should leave it here to think on it." L stands in his hunched position, putting his hands in his pockets.

"Hai." The men nod and bow before leaving. All shed their goodbyes before it was you, L, Watari, Light and Sochiro.

Soichiro picks up his coat and smiles, "Well, this has been very productive. Glad to have things back on track."

"Yes, I apologise for the sudden stop, but we had certain points to look at. I'm sure you understand." Lawliet nods.

He nods, "Of course, L-san. You are the detective here, we follow you and your adjectives."

"I gotta go, mom wants me to cook tonight." Light smiles and waves, "See you guys later."

"See ya." You and Lawliet say in unison.

Soichiro looks at you and smiles, "That reminds me, [Y/N]-chan... Could you water the plants and feed the dog while me and Sachiko go up north? She's getting the surgery."

"Why is Light-kun not doing it?" Questions the ravenette, popping a sweet into his mouth.

"He's staying at a friends," The elder male replies.

Smiling, you nod, "Sure, just the usual?"

"Of course... I must get going, goodbye."

"Goodbye, Sochiro-san!" Both you and Lawliet wave as he walks out.

Said ravenette turns to you, "This has presented oppertunity... [Y/N], while you do this, I want you to search Light-kun's things for any clue to him being Kira."

"You still suspect him?" You raise an eyebrow.

"Who said I stopped?"

~~~~

A/N: So ya got this a day late since yesterday was my birthday... Sorry! But, uh, yeah. The support is appriciated, the comments are taken into account and y'all are great! :D

See ya! ~Link