Chapter Five.

There on the bed, was Light... And Kiyemi. Their clothes litter the floor, both of them in only their underwear. Instantly, their gazes lock with yours as their eyes grow wide and they scramble apart, Kiyemi covering herself with the covers.

Your best friend... And your boyfriend.

Your boyfriend... And your best friend.

Your boyfriend and your best friend.

Frozen. You're just... Frozen. Too shocked at the sight you just witnessed. Feeling too hurt and betrayed to even process anything.

"[Y/N]-chan, this isn't what it looks like!" Light exclaims as he struggles to his feet, taking your hands in his.

That snapped you out of it. Instantly, you pull your hands away... And slap him. Hard and heartfelt. You glance at Kiyemi, not with anger, but with hurt. Light again tries to speak but it was too late- you were already walking down the stairs. At the bottom, Soichiro and Sachiko watch you curiously... Only to understand once Light runs down the stairs with the now half-dressed Kiyemi, both still trying to get you to stop and listen.

Politely, you bow at Soichiro and Sachiko, "I'm sorry to have dropped by so unexpectedly. Goodnight," And with that, you walk out as Light and Kiyemi call out your name, trying to get you to stop but you ignore them, walking away as fast as possible.

As you reach your street, you notice tears had started to flow out of your eyes at some point like a waterfall.

Great.

But that's when the most unexpected of all happened. You found yourself running to Lawliet's apartment.

Once there, you knock and patiently wait, trying to hold back the tears. Raven-hair opens the door, a look of surprise and concern plastered on his face. Without hesitation, he pulls you into a tight embrace and whispers, "Shh... It's alright,"

Once your crying lightens slightly, he picks you up bridal-style and carries you into his room, placing you on his lap in another tight embrace. Gently, he strokes your hair and whispers, "Whenever you're ready, tell me what happened,"

That only broke you further.

Uncontrollable sobs grew harder, tears flowing like a broken pipe. To your surprise, Lawliet was patient and comforted you.

Once you were cried out, you sigh and mumble, "I-I went to Light-kun's and I found... He was..."

L presses a finger softly to your lips and kisses your forehead, "Slowly... Don't force yourself,"

After he removes his digit, you take a deep breath, "Kiyemi-chan and Light-kun were..."

"Ohh..." Is all he could say. After a few moments of silence, he asks, "Don't get me wrong, I'm glad you came to me, but... Why did you? A few years ago, it was me who did this to you.."

That, you couldn't answer. The truth is, you don't know yourself... And then, it clicked.

"You've grown up... You're a better person now and I trust you. Do you remember in that cafe about a month ago?"

"Yes... Why?"

"The quote is what made me really realize... 'Forgiveness is a gift only humans have the pleasure to give and receive as they too are the only ones who can get stronger.' We both grew from that and now... I don't know, it's different now. I forgive you. I truly do."

That seemed to have shocked him a bit as he blinks at you for a moment. Eventually, he smiles and replies, "I'm glad..."

Knock, knock, knock!