Chapter Twenty-Five: Preview...

A/N: So that was it! The end of this book... But wait, what's this..? A preview for another?!
c;
Read on, and tell me your thoughts and ideas on the future book. Opinions on this book? And, another thing:
What is next? Well, there are TWO choices...
1) A book two for this book... Or-
2) A book two for Death Note (L x Reader x Light) Hehehe c:< Your choice~
Finally (I promise, okay? XD) I would like to say thank you for the support. You're all AMAZING! I like the little community that reads my books regularly, some of you crack me up xD x3 Anywho.
Signing out!
~Link
~~~~

Eight years. Once you were sixteen, in high school and working the Kira case with your detective fiancée, Lawliet- also known to the world as L. Now? You were twenty four...

Want to know how things have changed? Well... Let me start at the beginning of last week:

I woke up at the normal time and made myself a hot chocolate- never coffee, I detest the stuff. I quietly drank it as I watched the news, skipping through things on my lapto--

Okay, let me skip to the part you're all here for:

That name. It spread through my mind like a forest fire.

Perhaps it was just one letter, yet it still held the effect to send my mind into overdrive. Eight years, and all of a sudden, it's back. There to haunt me, there to find me like he always did.

The raven hair, unkempt and clumbsy. Huge bags around the eyes- the insomnia obvious. Consistent smell of sweets. Never ending sugar. Dark eyes. Intelligent. Tall. Clouched. Typical. Unpredictable...

"[Y/N], is something the matter?" Slicing through my thoughts, the detective asks.

Meet detective Deeks, my partner. His hair is shaggy and blond, matched by his green eyes. He's not the typical kind of detective, but he's the best partner I could have asked for... After...

"[Y/N]?"

"Huh, yeah?" Finally snapping out of it, I ask.

Curious, he raises an eyebrow and comments, "You're never distracted..." He leans back in his seat, "I'll take that as you did know him." With that, he took out a file, "It says here that, according to be recognised by even officials-"

"Is that my file?!"

"-That you helped the detective L solve the Kira case. Heck, you have both the ruler of Japan's signature and the president's signatures on here."

"...Deeks, can we not-"

"I need answers, [Y/N]... Make this easy for us both," Deeks softly says, and leans towards you on his seat.

After a moment, you nod, "Yes. I knew L."

With a nod, he then asks, "Well, do you have any idea why he has just shown back up? Eight years since the Kira case, yet he's just cropping back up as more people begin to die in the same fashion."

You frown slightly, and shake your head, "It was my understanding that he died stopping Kira. Though, I only was told this from a friend... After he told me, I never returned to Japan."

"I see," Understanding, Deeks nods. He then sighs, before he asks, "By any chance, could you ask that contact how he knows?"

"Yeah... Yeah, okay."

"Thanks," That being the end of that conversation, he turns back to his desk, doing his paperwork, which was a first. Deeks never does paperwork, unless he felt it needed to be out of the way- like some big case was coming.

Though in history, there IS none bigger than the Kira case... And, it's back.

Let me clear this up for you... Kira is back, despite Light dying. L is back, despite every single one of this successors dying, and the man himself. I never went home to Japan, I stayed in America. It's been eight years since the original case. I'm a detective for the FBI, more specifically the BAU, or the Behavioural Analysis Unit. My partner is Deeks, and, well... I live with Kiba. He's hardly changed.

Now, a week later from that discussion, something happened today... And this is where it all began. Again.