Chapter Ten.

It was that time of year- yeah, Christmas! The snow was thick, the houses lit up... And you were alone, for the first year ever. Usually, you would go to Wammy's and spend Christmas with Lawliet, Nate, Mihael and Quillish (Watari), or for the past few years, spend it with Light and his parents... But you moved to Japan after you broke up with L, so you no longer can do so, and now you've broken up with Light.

Flopping onto the sofa, you sigh and skip through the channels for something to watch.

A Nightmare Before Christmas? Hm... Nope.

Santa Buddies? Ehh, no thanks.

Die Hard? Christmas Tradition!

Hey, when you spend Christmas with a bunch of crime-fighting detectives, it's only natural that the programme you'd watch is a crime one... At least it's based around Christmas time, anyways.

Knock, knock!

Visitors? Carollers? Ohh gosh, no thank you.

Knock, knock!

"[Y/N]! [Y/N], it's me, open up, it's freezing out here!"

"...Lawliet?!" Standing, you go to the door and open it... There, in the snow, was Lawliet, Nate, Mihael and Quillish.

They all grin, holding presents, "Merry Christmas!"

Shocked, you blink and step aside, "M-merry Christmas, guys... What are you doing here?"

"It's been a while!" Nate smiles, putting the presents under the tree.

Mihael puts some down too, "So we figured that since it didn't work out with your boyfriend that we'd snag an opportunity to date you... Kidding, we figured we'd keep you company!"

"Is that... Die Hard?!" Lawliet laughs, pointing to the TV as Quillish puts more under the tree.

"...Yes," You blink innocently, before sighing. "I STILL WATCH IT EVERY YEAR, ALRIGHT?!"

"Us too!" Quillish chuckles.

Mihael looks around, "Can I use your bathrrom?"

"First door on the right."

"Thanks."

Lawliet flops on the sofa while Watari sits on the chair, and finally Nate sits on the floor. "What about me and Mihael?"

The raven-haird-sweet-loving boy pulls you onto his lap and smiles, "There."

This was again something which used to always happen.

Mihael walks back in and smirks, sitting on the spare seat of the sofa, "Shh, it's starting!"

Everyone chuckles and goes silent, watching the movie.

Perhaps this Christmas isn't as bad as I first thought. These guys are amazing, though... I mean, they flew from England to Japan just to have Christmas with me? Family is an amazing thing. Crap! I have nothing for a Christmas dinner... And I sent Nate and Mihael's presents to Wammy's! Ahh, last-minute, dysfunctional Christmas- can't beat it.

The movie soon ended, but Mihael signalled for us all to stay quiet... Lawliet and Quillish had fallen asleep.

Smiling, you try to slowly stand, for his arms around you to be holding like a life-line...

"We'll cook, you stay," Nate whispers, smiling.

Mihael nods, whispering, "We got this."

You nod and watch them leave, before snuggling into Lawliet, tired yourself. Again, he looked cute and safe, his heartbeat gently flowing through your ears like a soothing melody.