Chapter Fifteen

A/N: I'm back, it's back, we're back! Enjoy the new chapter!

~~~~

"You're lying!"

"[Y/N]-"

"No! You're lying... I can't believe it Lawliet."

"Why?!"

"Because your poker face is so bad!" You laugh at him, poking his cheek. "Gosh, I hope you never have to lie to save my life, otherwise I'm dead!"

Lawliet sighs and chuckles, "If it came to that, I would lie like it was the truth."

"Believing your own lies is a symptom of psycopathy... Should I be worried?" Smiling, you rest your head on your hand and tilt your head.

He brushes some hair behind your ear and shakes his head, "With me, you have nothing to fear..."

"Obviously not, becauseI got a flush!" A grin spreads on your lips as you put your cards down. To pass some time, you and Lawliet had decided to play poker... He was pretty terrible at it.

With a sigh, he put his cards down, "A pair- it's yours."

"Seems I have beaten your pokerface once again, Law-"

Light walks in- the handcuffs had been taken off for the day, since it was his birthday, "Law?"

"Ohh, y'know, L and his whole 'I'm justice' thing, so I randomly called him Law one day," You shrug, lying through your teeth, so easily and fluently it was scary.

The brunette nods, "Ahh, makes sense." He goes to the fridge and gets out a chocolate milkshake, "Have fun." Quickly, he went back upstairs.

Both you and Lawliet sigh in relief.

Those dark eyes glance at you, "You lied so easily..."

"For you, always," Smiling, you gather the cards and begin to shuffle.

"Do you... Ever lie to me?" Lawliet asks quietly.

Confused, you stop shuffling and stare at him for a moment, before shaking your head, "No... Never Ryu." Suddenly, you felt guilty, "Maybe once... But that was because it was late, and I was hungry, and there was nothing to eat so... I ate your last cake slice..."

He stared at you for a moment, before bursting into laughter, "You lied about THAT?!"

"I know how much you love your cake, and I didn't know how you'd react, so I said it wasn't me!"

"You mean more to me than cake, sweety," Gently, he pulls you onto his lap and kisses your cheek.

Surprised, you blink, "Really?"

"Really," Lawliet nods and kisses you gently, but it was all too quick as his sugar-tasting lips were soon departed from your own.

You still got those butterflies.

"How's your father?" Lawliet breaks the silence.

Nodding, you wrap an arm around his shoulders as he wraps his around your waist, "He's alright... I never thought that if I met my father he'd be a kind man."

"Is it really that surprising?"

You nodded slowly, "My mom always used to tell me that he was a horrible man. A drunk; abusive... To learn she was the one at fault? Yeah, you could say that."

He smiles understandingly, "I'm always here for you, alright?"

"And I'm always here for you," Gently, you cup his cheeks and nuzzle his nose with your own.

A small chuckle falls from his lips, "So, how about we play another game?"

"What game?"

"I have an idea..." He smirked and raises an eyebrow, "Just Dance?"

Giggling, you nod, "You got it!"

Let's just say Lawliet has surprisingly good moves...