Chapter Twenty-Three

Knock-knock!

"House keeping," In the most obscure voice you could muster, you call out as you knock on Kiba's bedroom door.

Kiy and yourself arrived about an hour ago, and Asuna and Kirito had been kind enough to have a meal ready for you. And, once you had eaten, you got lost in time catching up... So, now was the time to surprise Kiba.

"You cleaned my room an hour ago, Monet," Kiba called out simply.

"House creeping?" Again, you call out with a smirk.

For a moment, there was a pause before Kiba mumbles, "House creeping..? Your English is getting worse! Jeez, leave."

Kiy and yourself exchange a look, and she sighs, "He hasn't changed."

"Nope," With the roll of your eyes, you agree.

Shrugging, you quietly open his door to see him with his headphones in, listening to music. As you crept closer, you noticed he was drawing Eren and Levi from Attack on Titan, and by the volume of his music...

Kiy smirks, and sits on the small sofa in his room. You smirk also, and wait for the moment to--

"TITAAAAAAAAAANS!" Grabbing his shoulders, you yell.

Kiba squirms, squeals and falls on his butt. In confusion, he looks up with a sour look, before he grins, "Mother fuckers, what are you doing here?!" He tackle-hugs you, and you fall as you were too busy laughing.

"House creeping?" Kiyemi clutches her stomach as she laughs.

Embarrassed, Kiba looks at her and blushes, "Sh-shut it, piggy!"

"Firepit!"

"Cotton candy!"

"Firetruck!"

"I missed you."

"I missed you too."

Kiba gets up, and hugs Kiyemi. Playfully, you pout, "So I get a hug but no one misses me, hm?"

"I missed you as well, bae!" With a grin, Kiba again tackle-hugs you.

"Better have!" Laughing, you hug him back, "I missed my bae!"

Kiba grins and ruffles your hair, before he looks at the two of you, "What are you doing here?"

"We came to welcome you to your new home," Kiyemi smiles widely.

With a smirk, you add, "Maybe go shopping... And Kiy wants to meet cute boys."

"It's alright, the hottest of them all is right here," Kiba smirks and wraps his arm around your shoulders. "I say that tonight, we all get drunk and catch up!"

"No problem with me," Kiyemi giggles.

A grin spreads on your face, "Wouldn't have a reunion any other way."

Resonance.

Taking out your phone, you chuckle and stand, "Excuse me, worried boyfriend on the phone."

"Hurryyyyyyy baaaaaaack," Kiba playfully sighs, and Kiyemi giggles.

Laughing, you nod and step into the halls, and answer the phone.

"Hello, Law-Law."

"Hey there, pretty lady," Lawliet chuckles. "You at Kiba's yet?"

"Yeah. We had something to eat and scared the crap out of Kiba... Pretty productive day," Smiling, you tuck some hair behind your ear.

On the other side, the raven chuckles again, "Nothing's changed, I see... Tired yet?"

"Jet-lag is a whore," Stretching, you admit.

"Yeah... Yeah, it is. My advice is to eat a lot of cake, and--"

"How much cake have you had since I left?"

For a moment, he grew quiet, before he mumbles, "That's not of relevence... I mean, I don't see-"

"Law, calm down," You furrow your eyebrows in confusion as to why he got defensive. "I just wanna know you're not stuffing your face and gunna die of, like, a sugar overdosage before I get back."

For a moment, he sighs before he apologises, "I'm sorry, babe... I'm just anxious without you. I'm not used to being without you anymore."

"I love you too," Smiling, you reply and lean against the wall. "I'll admit, it's strange not seeing your mop of raven hair eating cake, or watching anime with me, or typing away on your laptop, working..."

"I miss you too," Quietly, he chuckles. Then, he sighs, "This month is going to go longer than I thought... And this god damn 14 hour time difference doesn't help."

"Ohh crap, isn't it like four in the morning there?" Embarrassed, you mumble, "Ohh gosh, I didn't know it was so late, I-"

"I called you," Lawliet chuckles. "I've just been working while I waited to hear from you."

"This late..? Wow. Did you find something?"

"I think so, I'll get back to you on that once I know more..."

"Okay. I'll let you sleep now..."

"Okay. Night, [Y/N]... I love you."

"Sweet dreams, Law... Love you too."

"And babe?"

"Yeah?"

"Stay safe..."

"You too. When we figure out a suitable time, I'll skype you."

"I'll be here anytime for you, baby."

"Ain't you sweet, sugarplum? Probably all that cake~"

Lawliet laughs, before you could hear his smile as he mumbles, "Sweet dreams, sweetie." With that, he hangs up.

As the dial screen disappears, your home screen- a picture of Lawliet and yourself- appears. A small smile grows on your lips, as you quietly mumble to yourself, "Stay safe..."

Walking into Kiba's room, you blink. They already had alcohol, and Kiba was... Giving a large teddy bear a lap dance. He grabs his non-existent chest, then smacks his own butt as the teddy. Simply, you sit down and reach into Kiyemi's bowl of sweets, before throwing them over Kiba.

"MAKE IT RAIN FOR ME, BABY. OHHH YAAAAA~" Kiba winks, before he does a slut drop and picks up a sweet, plopping it into his mouth, and standing up, dancing again.

Kiyemi and yourself couldn't contain your laughter at the boy, especially when Asuna walks in to ask if you all wanted some cake. Of course, you accepted.

Lawliet's advice, after all...

And let's just say, it is almost impossible to eat cake while watching a boy give a stuffed animal a lap dance. Almost...