Chapter Twenty-Two

Lawliet holds you tight, burying his face in your neck as he mumbles, "I'll miss you..."

"I'll miss you too," Slightly, you whimper as you clutch his shirt.

"Skype me when you get there... And keep safe. Don't talk to strangers. Never go out alone. Always-"

Trying desperately not to cry, you cup his cheeks, "You'll make me cry, stop caring so much."

He smiles sadly as he kisses your forehead, "Never..."

"Keep safe, shorty," Light nods and smiles. "Tell that baka I said hey, will you?"

"Yeah, okay. Keep an eye on Ryu... No cake after midnight!"

"What is he, a gremlin?" Amused, Light laughs before he ruffles your hair, "I'll make sure he's still breathing and in one piece when you get back."

Smiling, you nod before Kiyemi groans and tugs on your hand, "Let's goooo! We're gunna miss our flight!"

At that statement, you nod before you kiss L deeply. He holds your waist, seemingly not wanting to let go. Once he pulls back, however, he does and sighs, "I'll see you soon."

"See you soon," Gently, you kiss him again quickly before waving to them both. "Bye!"

Have fun!" Light calls out, "Bring back souvenirs!"

"Keep safe!" L yells out. The woman takes your boarding passes, and lets you both through.

Kiyemi sits on her seat, once aboard, and giggles, "This is SOOO exciting!"

You laugh and nod, "Yeah... Yeah, it is." After a moment, you look at her, "Think they'll be alright?"

"Positive! It's not like it's L and Kira or anything! It's two teenage boys. Lighten up!"

...Right... An 11 hour flight and now I'm worrying about that. What if Lawliet's right, and Light IS Kira?! Thanks, Kiy. Brilliant. Ohh gosh... What if the dream comes true?! No, no, no. That never happened. Nope. Nada.

After a few moments, the plane took off, and our flight to America commenced.

Remember when Kiy and I were in the cafe? Yeah, that's happening. We're on an 11 hour flight just to go visit that baka, Kiba. The only people, other than Light and Lawliet, who know about this flight, is Kiba's parents... We figured we should give them a heads up that we'll be showing up, and they found it cool.

The journey consisted mostly of gossiping; planning and-- Who am I kidding, I had the whole Fairy Tail series on disk and ready to watch. Like seriously. Every episode.

After eleven hours of Anime and silent fangirling on the plane- I'm not even kidding, someone sent an attendant to check if Kiyemi was okay- we landed. LAX was really busy, but really awesome. America was so hot and sunny, compared to back home in Tokyo.

"KYAA! Look at this place!" Kiyemi squeals, looking around, "It's amazing!"

"I know... Holy Lord and Saviour Anime," Quietly, I mumble. (Or Kappa, if you're awesome c; XD I bet no one will understand this reference.)

We walk towards the exit and pick up our cases, and soon were surprised by a sign. It was obviously a chofeur, with 'Kiyemi and [Y/N], welcome to America!' On it.

You smile as you say, "E-excuse me? I'm [Y/N], and that's Kiyemi."

Happily, he smiles widely, "Ahh! Welcome to America... My name is Jeff ( c; ), and I will be your driver." He takes both of your cases, and starts leading you out, "May I say, miss [L/N]-"

"Please, call me [Y/N]," Politely, you interrupt.

Jeff nods, "As you wish. May I say, [Y/N], that you have wonderful English."

"Why thank you. I'm originally from England, you see. I was half expecting my English to be rusty."

"It sounds fine to me. Does the lady not speak any?" Smiling, he peers at Kiyemi.

A small laugh falls from your lips, "Afraid not." She looks at you questioningly, before shrugging. Obviously, she didn't understand.

Jeff put your cases in the boot and let you both into the car.

Time to scare the baka? That'll be fun... Ohh, Kiba, you're about to get rekt. Let's do this.

~~~~

A/N: Sorry guys, I'm not in the writing mood at the moment... I'm sick again Dx

I have, like, the worst immune system, I swear...

Hope you understand!

~Link