Chapter Fourteen

"Uhh..."

"Is this a problem?"

"N-not at all..." You couldn't help the amused smirk which spread on your face. Things had happened in the Kira case recently that made Lawliet suspicious, so...

"Ryuzaki, is this really necessary?" Light almost groans.

Lawliet tugs on the handcuffs, "If I am to clear you of suspicion, Light Yagami, I need to be able to watch you closely and observe of the Kira killings goes as normal."

"Or you just want dat ass," Smirking, you speak up. Both males look at you, flustered, clearly not the happiest bunnies about that joke.

"[Y/N], if this is too hard for you-"

There, you cut off the raven by laughter.

Hard for you?! More like amusing! Ohh, this was going to be fun to watch.

Light sighs, "How are we going to sleep? Shower? Change?"

Again, you burst into laughter.

"The only thing that could make this better is random 'Chocolate Rain' playing in the background!" Clutching your stomach, you say and hold onto the seat to not fall over.
(The video)

The boys merely groan.

"Matsuda is keeping Misa company on the top floor," Lawliet continues to explain the situation.

You blink, "Is that the best idea? It is Matsuda, after all."

"He will be fine. [Y/N], would you do observation and surveillance for us?" Lawliet asks.

Smugly, you smirk, "I'd be honoured to be your warden."

"That means you have to watch us at all times," He continues, raising an eyebrow.

"Sure."

"Whether it be showering or changing."

"RYUZAKI!"

"It has to be complete surveillance... Besides, you have seen us both-"

"STILL! THAT FEELS CREEPY!"

"The cameras automatically picks up nudity and covers it, you will not see anything."

"...I dunno..."

"I'll share my cake with you?" Lawliet smiles.

A small chuckle sounds from you, "Alright, fine."

"Good," He nods, before rubbing his stomach. "I want cake..."

"I'll get you some. Go on up to the top floor."

"Alright, thank you, [Y/N]."

"No problem, Ryu."

You watch the pair go into the elevator and the doors close, before bursting into further laughter.

What the heck was going on?!

Now calm, you go into the elevator and to the bottom floor, leaving to go to the nearest cake store. L had already given you his credit card and pin for this, so you could have his stacks of cake charged to his bank account... Literally, stacks. Like, you have to buy in like five to ten per week. How that boy isn't diabetic, you don't know. He's so scrawny too... Although he does no exercise! None. Nada...

Ding-ding!

"Hello, [Y/N]!" The lady who owns the shop greets you. "More cake for Ryuzaki?"

Giggling, you nod, "Yeah, he's gunna need more than ever, I think."

"That boy works too hard! You're only teenagers."

"It's Ryuzaki- there's only a few things he cares about more than his job."

"Like what, dear?"

"Cake."

She chuckles, "I suppose so."

"Yeah... Could I get just ten cakes of the usual flavours please?"

"Of course, darling! I changed my order dates to get his cakes, he was so sad when we had no vanilla."

"Vanilla?" You blink. "He doesn't like the vanilla, it's me who does."

"Perhaps another thing he loves more than work." Deciding it best to stay silent to that, you merely watch the lady box up the last cake. She puts them on the side, "Alright, usual payment?"

"Yes, ma'am," You nod and put in the card. After paying, you pick up the boxes, which have been tied together in fives so there is a stack for each hand, you smile, "Goodbye! See you next week, maybe earlier!"

"Goodbye, dear!" She waves as you walk out.

She must make a fortune on Lawliet's cakes. He buys so much of it, it really wouldn't surprise me... I mean-

"[Y/N]?" A familiar voice asks.

Surprised, you turn around, "Jake?"

"What are you doing here?!" The boy grins, hugging you.

"I live here! What about you?"

He pulls back and smiles, "I'm working on a case."

"Which one?"

"Kira."

"You're working on it too?"

"Yeah. I suspect those cakes are for L?"

"Yeah."

"Ahh. Well, tell him J said hello."

"I will. I gotta go, these are kinda heavy-"

"Here," He takes the stacks, smiling. "Lead the way, m'lady."

"Well, thank you, Jake," You chuckle, walking with the boy. "How long has it been since you left Wammy's?"

"Four years," He nods. "How long since you left England?"

"A looong time," Chuckling, you shrug.

He laughs, sarcastically replying, "Really? I had no idea!"

"Yeah, yeah, yeah," Soon, you reach outside the building after some conversation on random things. "Here I am."

"Alright," He hands you the cake. Jake smiles and hands you a card, "Call me."

"Alright," Nonchalantly, you nod. "I'll see you later."

"Later," J waves and leaves.

Strange.

Walking back inside, you take the elevator to the twenty-fifth floor, or the base-floor as you call it. After putting the cakes away, you cut three slices of the strawberry and one vanilla, before putting them on a tray with other things and going back into the elevator. Once at the top floor, you open a door to see L, Light and Misa.

"Special delivery," Smirking, you put some cake in front of Light and Misa. "Alright, see y'all later."

"[Y/N]~" L groans.

You look at him and roll your eyes, "Fiiiine." Giving him a slice of the strawberry, you chuckle.

He laughs and kisses your cheek, "Thank you."

"No problem," Done, you walk to the door and open it. "Ohh, and Jake says hi," At that, Lawliet literally drops his cake.

"What?"

"Jake says hi. Y'know, J."

"Well, this just got a lot more interesting..."