Chapter Twelve

Warning: Trigger and suicide- you have been warned.

"Quit it!"

"No!"

"Lawl-"

"No!"

"STOP!"

"Or what?! You'll bite me?" The raven smirks down at you teasingly.

You glare playfully at him, "Yes."

"Wouldn't be the first time..." He huskily chuckles, rolling off and lying beside you instead.

"Y'know I hate being tickled, sugarplum."

"Exactly why I do it, sweetie. Besides, I like hearing your laugh, seeing your smile... The cute little nose scrunch you do too."

"Shut up..."

"I'm serious!"

"Meanie!"

"I'm not a-- OW!" A ball hit Lawliet on the back of the head from the kids playing.

One of them walked over and smiled apologetically, "Sorry sir..."

"Awwe, he's so cuuute! It's alright, little guy- he's got nothing in that head to be hurt anyways," Chuckling, you hand the kid the ball. Like kids do, he giggles and walks back to his friends and began playing football (soccer) again.

Lawliet smirks playfully at you, "That so?"

"That is so," You giggle and stick your tongue out. Laughing, the dark-eyed boy tackles you again and begins to tickle you once again.

"S-STOP! L-LA-LAWL-" Both of you were interrupted as your phone rang, so the sugar-obsessed boy stopped and handed it to you. A small sigh escapes your lips as you answer, "Hello?"

"Hello. Am I addressing [Y/N] [L/N]?"

Confused, you furrow your eyebrows, "Correct."

"This is the Kanto region police. I call regarding man being released from jail."

"What's this got to do with me, officer?"

"Well, ma'am, the man requires to be bailed out- he's just been caught breaching patrol, claiming he was trying to find you."

"...Me? Why me?"

"He claims to be your father."

~Flashback~

"Happy fifth birthday, [Y/N]!" Mother and father yelled excitedly, placing a cake in front of your face. "Make a wish and blow out the candles!"

Giggling, you scrunched your eyes shut and blew them out with one big breath.

It's hard to recall the details... But your mother had long hair, brown if you're not mistaken. Her eyes were a brilliant green too. Your father, however, had chin-length [N/H/C] hair and [E/C] eyes. People always said you look like your mother, but the colours of your father. He was rich, yet lived like any other person. At the tender age of sixteen, he met your mother in high-school, where she was merely fifteen. Due to the money, he followed his dream and became a bass player in a band and started dating your mom.

His band took off. Major league.

Now world-famous, your father proposed to your mother at his first big concert, and of course, she said yes. At twenty-five, she fell pregnant with you and they began a family together- mother quit her job as a nurse to raise you.

"Cake time?" Your father asked excitedly.

Mother giggled, "Alright!"

Cake was shared out; gifts were unwrapped and played with; family came over... It was a fun day, like any other.

Until it fell late.

Groggily, you awakened from your happy slumber, hearing only sobs. Confused, you toddled into your parents room and found your mother- your fathers belongings and clothes were gone, and your mother was distraught, crying into a pillow.

All of a sudden that night, your father had left. When you were older, your mother told you that it was because he wasn't happy and so left to pursue his career in his band.

After that, your mother struggled with depression and a genetic mental illness was triggered- schizophrenia. Family tried to help, but by the time anyone took what you worried about into consideation, or noticed how bad she actually was, it was too late...

~End of flashback~

"M-my father?"