The Call

Danny's POV: "Ugh. 6th ghost this week. Before it was Ember, Skulker, Technus, Desiree, and the Box Ghost. In that order." I said, flopping on the couch and grabbing the remote. "It's hard enough dealing with high school without ghosts popping up everywhere." I gave up on the TV and turned it off. "It's not supposed to be easy, Danny. It's supposed to test your limits as a superhero." Sam said. "Yeah, what Sam said." Tucker replied, fiddling with yet another gadget. "I'm certainly at my limit." I got up, made myself a sandwich and was about to sit down when the phone rang. I picked up. "Hello Fenton residence Danny Fenton speaking. From where? About what? Okay, I guess I can do that.
Yeah, but how'd you get this number? Yeah, that's not totally unbelievable. I'll be there." I hung up. "What was it Danny?" Sam asked. "Something about a team of superheroes needing a leader." I said. "And what happened to their leader?" Sam asked. "Some accident. He's completely incapacitated and they need a new leader." I said. "But what about us? What if we have ghost problems?" Tucker said. "Already thought of that. Have Dani here. She's a genetic clone of me, after all." I said. Sam and Tucker couldn't help but agree.  "Okay, you go do your temporary leader thing. Oh, by the way where are you going for this anyway?" Sam asked. "Someplace called Jump City, out near San Francisco. Gonna have to fly to save time." I said. So I transformed and flew through the ceiling. "You'd think he'd use the front door." Sam said.

Later in Jump City...

I landed near my destination, a hospital in the city. "The hospital is nice but the rest of the town..." I looked around the town. "Not so much." I entered the hospital to find what was apparently the team I was supposed to lead. "Greetings, new leader! We are happy that you accepted our offer!" a teenage girl said. Actually I was aware of her not being of this Earth, as her orange skin and her attire would suggest. That and she was attempting to eat a bedpan. "Yeah, it's no problem, I'm Danny. Now who am I replacing?" I asked. "Our leader Robin." she said, putting the bedpan down. I didn't ask. "Shouldn't I meet the rest of the team first?" I asked. "Oh yes, my apologies. I'm Starfire, the green one over there is Beast Boy-- "I take offense at being called "the green one" he said. "But are you not green? As are the animals you turn into?" Starfire said. "There's more to me than green animals. I'm also--" "A lover of video games and comics, a strict vegetarian, and a Taurus." I finished. "I'm surprised you know that." he said. "I'm not. You guys set up a website. You're Beast Boy, she's Starfire, the one in the cloak is Raven, Cyborg is right over there and the one incapacitated is Robin." I said. The team stared, not impressed. "Cyborg! I thought you took down the website down!" Beast Boy yelled. "Publicity, BB, publicity." Cyborg said. "I'll show you publicity!" Beast Boy yelled as he turned into a gorilla. I transformed and got in between them. "3 steps back, boys." I said. "Dude, what are you?" Beast Boy asked. "What do you mean?" I said. I then saw my transformed body. "Oh, did I not mention that I'm half-ghost?" I said.

"Ghosts don't exist, bro." Beast Boy said. I slapped my forehead. "I got used to this in Amity Park when I first started, but this is a new thing. I've got pizza money, I'll be back." I phased through the front door and return in about 5 minutes later with 3 pizzas. "I got a veggie pizza for Beast Boy." I said. " Okay where's the projector, Cyborg?" Beast Boy asked. "What projector?" Cyborg asked. Beast Boy looked at him. "There's no way he just walked through a solid door." he said "And there's no way I just saw a giant green gorilla." I said. "Touchè." Beast Boy said. "But still it's one thing. He still can't prove it. And does anyone else feel like another slice of pi--" Then Beast Boy saw the pizza box floating away. "Spectral activity!" he yelled, as he tackled the box.

I revealed myself holding the box. "Someone say "spectral"? I said. He just went wide eyed, which I loved. "Okay phasing explained. The invisibility was clearly mirrors." he said. Cyborg spoke up. "We're in a hospital waiting room. What mirrors could possibly be here?" he asked. "You know, he has a point. Plus, are my feet touching the ground?" I asked. Beast Boy shook his head. "And you saw me go from human to ghost, which should have been enough proof. Oh, watch yourself." I said as I blasted a bee out of the air. "Now let's see, phasing, transforming, floating, ghost rays and invisibility. That's 5 to 0, greenie. I'm sure you have to believe me now." I said. He shook his head. "Nope. Not one bit. Now if you'll excuse me-Ow, Ow, Ow. What caused that?" Beast Boy asked. "Oh, that was just me taking over your hand. Also known as overshadowing." I said. Suddenly the nurse came down the hallway. "What's the news, nurse?" Cyborg asked. "Robin will have to be admitted for at least a week." she said. "A week?!" Beast Boy screamed.

"Sorry, but I can't do anything about it. You'll just have to-- Danny Phantom?!" the nurse exclaimed. I slapped my forehead. "Even away from Amity Park I can't get a break. You have anything for me to--sign." I was given a pen and a picture of a young girl. "Your daughter?" I asked. She nodded. "She's a huge fan." the nurse said. "I'm not surprised." I said as I signed the photo with my logo. "One more thing, could I get a picture?" she asked. "Sure. Beast Boy, could you take it?" I asked. "Sure." he said. He was given a digital camera and took the photo. "Here." I said as I signed the picture. "Oh yeah, I sorta saved the planet, and with that comes constant hounding by strangers. And I didn't have to set up a website." I said. With that, the team and I left the hospital.