A Second Chance

My POV: We were in the Danger Room.  A supervillain's worst nightmare, except it is a death trap. Lasers, spike traps, bottomless pits, you name it. It's a superhero training room as well as part of the Tower security. Terra didn't have the advantage here, the room did. She's done some acrobatics as well as hand-to-hand combat. Here it was all or nothing, and Terra was giving it her all. "Okay, Terra. You're doing well, focus." I said. "Yes, sir." she said. Her acrobatics really helped here, especially with the added stuff that the team told me about before we got there. "And...stop! Excellent, I think you're ready." I said. Terra looked at me with determination in her eyes. "I won't let you down." she said. "Let's hope not."

"Why are you giving me a chance despite Robin's warning?" she asked. "Well, I once had to hide my secret to protect the ones I loved. Sure it got out eventually, but I certainly didn't see it as betrayal, because it was my own fault for telling too many people. It was out, it spread that I was Phantom, and eventually my own parents, the ones who'd been trying to capture and dissect me, accepted me. Everyone did. That's why I believe you deserve a second chance, because keeping a secret a secret for too long, especially in my case, ends up with not trusting people." I said. "So you went through all that and were still accepted?" she said. "Yes. Originally only my two friends knew, then it got out to my sister and eventually on a Jumbotron in front of the entire high school student body. I was eventually accepted all over, but it took a while." I said. Wow, this kid went through all this and it still didn't get to him. Terra thought. "I'll give it all I've got." she said. "We might as well visit Robin in the hospital, that is, if you want to come." I said. Terra nodded. "Titans, hospital visit." I said. The others nodded. When we, and I mean us plus Terra, got to the hospital. Robin was already discharged, and lively enough to greet Terra with a kick in the face, or almost if I didn't turn her intangible. "Darn it, Danny! She's the enemy!" he said.

"I'm glad you're feeling better, but I trained her and I think she's ready to prove herself." I said. "You don't decide that, I do!" Robin exclaimed. "Who was impressed with me taking down 2 of the HIVE Five in ten minutes? Oh yeah, you!" I retorted. Terra looked at me. "Which two?" she asked. "Jinx and Gizmo." I said. "Wow. One's the leader and one's.. "
"About 3 feet high and is nothing without a jetpack? Yeah I took him down first." I said. "Well I say Terra's still got a shot. She hasn't even been in battle yet and you're already judging her? Judging someone else is part of them starting to not trust you. I'd say that the betrayal was based off of something that you're too selfish to admit you were wrong about." I said. Robin was taken aback by this. "Alright, she wants a chance to prove herself fine. I'm doing it for the good of the team." he said. "I'm getting some signals at the bank. It seems out old friend Slade is up to his tricks again." Cyborg said. "We'll get to the details on the way there. Let's go." I said. I activated the Phantom Cycle and told Terra to hop on. With her behind me the team headed towards the bank.