What to Expect When Not Expecting Problems

Lyle's POV : "So, where are we going?" I asked Erin. "Not anywhere in Amity Park. Skulker will be expecting that. Does this thing go any faster?!" she exclaimed. "It does but there are speed limits. By the way are you feeling hot? I'm feeling hot. Oh God not again!" I winced as I felt the telltale prickly heat of growing fur on my body. "Pull over! Now!" I exclaimed as I felt my transformation progressing. I practically leapt out of the car. "Lyle, you're changing really fast. Is there anything wrong? Stress, trouble with the whole crime fighting thing?" Erin asked as I felt the changes slowing. I looked at her and she looked back, longer than usual. "No, it's the Skulker thing. What does he want with me and what is he... look out!" I exclaimed, pushing Erin out of the way of an airborne truck. "You're really getting on my nerves. Luckily my tracker is still OWW!"

I drank in Skulker's scream as I ripped off his arm. "You're getting on my nerves! What do you want me for?! That's the question of the day!" I exclaimed angrily.

"Like what's your deal, you off-brand Colossus? If you want me, leave the rest of them out of it!" I screamed, baring my teeth. I suddenly remembered about Erin. Padding on all fours, I looked at her, just lying there. I heard her heartbeat, loud as a drum to my enhanced hearing. Shaking her gently, her eyes fluttered open. "You okay?" I asked. "Yeah, you seem to be-- wait, what happened to the truck?" she asked.

"You really should be more careful, sir. Please observe of the speed limit." a familiar voice said. "Starfire!" I exclaimed, but that was a mistake. A shrill scream, a blast of light and suddenly I was flying through the air, crashing into a tree.

Erin's POV: I could only watch as Lyle was sent crashing into the tree a few meters away, splitting it in two while at the same time uprooting it. "Monster! You shall leave this girl alone!" Starfire exclaimed, brandishing a mile marker like a sword speeding straight for him. "Don't! It's not what you think!" I exclaimed, putting space in between the enraged alien girl and my boyfriend. "I don't--"

I cut Starfire off. "It's not a monster, that's Lyle. And even when he's like this, he wouldn't hurt anyone who didn't deserve it. And you're not prepared for what he can do. I've seen him rip a man's throat out and eat it. Put the sign down, now. I'll explain when he wakes up."