The Ghost Wrestling League

Danny's POV: "Son of a bitch!" Erin exclaimed. "What is it, Erin?" I asked. "My phone cut out. Looks like we're on our own to track down Lyle." she replied. "Not necessarily." Cyborg said, looking at his monitor. "If the phone isn't responding, that's because it's out of range of the larger signal, which means there's a smaller, more contained one. I just have to triangulate it based on frequency and.. Voila! I got it! And it's below us. As in underground."

I looked at everyone. They looked nervous, except for Erin who looked angry. "We just gonna stand here or go save him?! He's my boyfriend, your brother, and to everyone here, I'm not going to wait anymore. I'm coming Lyle!" she exclaimed, phasing through the floor. "Erin, wait!" I said.

Lyle's POV: "I'm not putting it on! It's degrading!" I exclaimed. Skulker was brandishing a muzzle at me. "You have --" I cut Skulker off. "I don't care how much you shock me, I'm not putting it on because I can't! Look at me!" I gestured to my body. "Oh, that's easily remedied." he said, smirking. "Don't you dare, if you do I won't hesitate to-- NNGH!" I exclaimed as I was once again shocked, this time to a level where I could feel my body reacting. Everything from my muscles to my bones and organs rearranged and changed size. I could feel the scales retracting as fur sprouted up from the vacant areas. It was happening all at once and I didn't like it. "I'm not playing around, you insolent brat! You're making this harder than I expected." he said. I bared my fangs as the burning and tingling stopped. "You jeMMMPH!" My insult was cut off as the leather muzzle was forced into place on my head. "You don't have a choice! I got my hands on you fair and square!" He exclaimed. It was a welcome sight to see the barrier over me dissipate. I couldn't speak but I didn't have to as Skulker practically let me jump on top of him. I fiddled with the muzzle and got enough of it loose to rip it the rest of the way off. "You nabbed me from my mom's house while I was knocked out with a sedative! What's fair about that?!"

"That woman with the crazy look in her eyes was your mother?" he asked. I didn't answer. "Ls and Gs, it is my proud honor to introduce myself. I'm Skulker, the Ghost Zone's greatest hunter, and this is my prize fighting dog, Leopold." he said. "Leopold?! I'll fucking kill you, you arrogant, pompous windbag of a poor hunter! OW! RRRGH!" Suddenly there was the sound of an airhorn as the section of floor we were on became a cage. "Ooh! A cage match!" Skulker exclaimed. A ghostly announcer floated into the ring, the microphone floating in of its own accord. "Ladies and gentlemen, presenting the first ever GWL cage match! I'm Sarcophagus Sam. And now the main event! In this corner, weighing 200 pounds, the challenger: the Barreling Beast!"

I turned to Skulker. If wolves had eyebrows, one of mine would be cocked in surprise. "What?!? Coming up with a wrestling name is harder than it looks! You really expect me to put down "Burst"? Too plain. This name screams action! Excitement! Fear!"

"You're testing my patience!" I yelled at him.

"And the GWL reigning champion, the Spectre Supreme!"

Floating from the other side of the ring, was not a full grown adult, but someone that looked more my age. "Okay, that's the Spectre Supreme?! He's probably my age! I'm not going to fight a kid!" I exclaimed, but I stopped when Skulker raised his arm. "Fine!" I yelled.

I readied myself, crouching into attack position. "Take it easy, I'm still new to this ghost thing." I knew that voice. "Morty?" I asked. "I'll explain later. Make this look convincing." he replied.

10 minutes later...

"Our new champion, the Barreling Beast!" Sam announced. I'd gone completely overboard with the "convincing" aspect of the fight. A few shocks from Skulker and I'd gone ballistic, tearing Morty up pretty bad. "Haha! Victory! Now if you'll excuse me, the bigwigs here owe me money. You're free to go." As Skulker said this, I thought I'd seen something hit him, as he was on the ground with a hole in his suit. "I just polished this suit!" he exclaimed. "Let my boyfriend go, you..you.. I'm so angry I --"

"Erin?" I asked. "Lyle? You're okay! Let's get this off you, purple's not your color." she said, removing the mask and freeing my ears from the sides of my head. "I'm so glad I found you! You have no idea--"

Morty cleared his throat.

"Hey aren't you that weird kid that hung out with that geezer in the lab coat? A bit unhinged, burped a lot?" Erin asked. "Yeah, that's Rick alright. Speaking of whom, thank the God he doesn't believe in that he's not here. On another note, are we spinning?" he asked. "No." I replied.

I heard a thud and saw Morty on the floor of the ring, reverted back to human form. "Are the others here, Erin, or just you? Because we have to get Morty to a hospital. And let's keep our story as short as possible." I said. "They're topside in the house. I agree, let's go."

5 minutes later...

"So this is the Morty you've been talking about?" Robin asked. We'd given the Titans the CliffNotes version of the story. Cyborg was able to remove the collar and get me back to normal. Morty was getting fixed up by the doctors, whom we told that Morty had gotten hit by a car. "So where's this heading from here?" Danny asked. We all shook our heads.