Just Can't Win

Erin's POV: "What do you mean by 'gone'?" I asked Danny angrily. "I mean gone. Missing. No-show." he replied. "I'm on my way. Just stay there until I get there."

Danny's POV: "Okay. Yeah, bye." I hung up with Erin and began slowly pacing around the room. "Okay so where did you go, Lyle? What happened here?" I asked myself. "You're not saying anything bad happened to my son, are you, Danny?" Celia asked me. "Honestly I can't say anything until Erin gets here." Suddenly the doorbell rang. "Coming." I said. I was greeted by Erin at the front door. "Alright, where's my boyfriend? Spill, Fenton!" she yelled. "Nice to see you too." I said. "Woah is that a '72 Dodge Charger? Nice."

"Don't. Change. The subject. Answer me!" she exclaimed, viciously shaking me. "Okay, stop shaking me. I don't know. He's gone and there's nothing that I see that can tell us where he went or who took him. Wait, what's this?" I asked myself as I noticed a pool of liquid. by the spot occupied by the outline of Lyle's body. "That could be anything." Erin replied. "No, not anything. You just got here. This looks like motor oil. But your car is parked on the opposite side of the house. So it's not from the engine. I know who took him and this time it may be harder to get him out."

Lyle's POV: I woke up with the mother of all headaches. "Hey Mom can I -- what the hell?!" I exclaimed. "Oh good, you're awake. Now we can begin." I knew that voice. All too well. Skulker. Why can't I get a break? Why? I asked myself. "You're probably thinking that I have plans for you. Correct. You're also thinking that you have a narrow chance of escape. Also correct." he said. "Not exactly, no. I may be confused but that won't stop me from making sure that you can never be solid as I -- hey, what's the big idea?" I asked. I was chained in place.

"You didn't think that I'd make the same mistake again, did you?" Skulker asked. "My whole plan actually depends on you--" I cut myself off as I looked down at myself. I was at least somewhat normal, with black claws tipping my fingers and toes, scales still visible in places and a weight behind me telling me I still had a tail. "How?" I asked, furiously tugging at the chains binding me. "I'm not saying." Skulker replied. I surveyed my surroundings. "Where am I?" I asked. Sounds of a crowd drowned out his answer. "You're just in time for your big debut. Break a leg." he said. Debut? What did he mean by that? "I asked you a question, you son of a bitch!" I exclaimed. White hot searing pain went through my body as I felt the chains binding me fall. I lunged at Skulker but something held me back.

"I'm done thinking, now it's time for action!" Ignoring the barrier, I used my tail to attempt to pole vault over it. "I almost forgot. Click."

I felt something hit my neck and my vision went blurry. "Now it begins."

Danny's POV: "Welcome to the Ghost Zone, Titans. I meant to show you this place earlier but time was fleeting. Anyway I see you're confused. Any questions?" I asked. Cyborg piped up. "Are we in some sort of alternate dimension where the weird things you freaks encounter reign?" he asked. "Why yes...who are you calling freak?! The only normal guy here is Robin. Otherwise I'm stuck with an element manipulator, cyborg, half-demon, alien and a green... Whatever Beast Boy is." I said.

"Shapeshifter." Beast Boy replied. "We have to find Lyle and get out of here. I'm not fond of Skulker. I'm especially not fond of Skulker. Erin, anything tracking?" I asked her. "We're on the right track. Turn right here. Luckily my phone has a long-lasting battery. And that Lyle's phone is apparently still on. Oh I hope he's okay. Skulker won't be able to break out of the giant iceberg I'll trap him in!" she exclaimed.

"Hey, Erin--"

"Then I'll rip out his wires and make him eat them!"

"Erin--"

"Touch a hair on his head, Skulker, and I'll show you the fury that is Erin Mary-Ann Sanders!"

"ERIN!"

"What is it, Danny? Did I go on a tangent again?" she asked.

"Yes, and your phone's beeping."

"Oh, he's moving. Turn left here, then a right, then a left. Where are you going, Lyle?" she asked.

"Why don't we find out?" I asked. Erin nodded, wiping her eyes with her sleeve. "We're going to find him, don't worry." I said. I didn't know whether I was saying that to calm her down or reassure myself.

Lyle's POV: I woke up seemingly hours later. My eyes were still adjusting to the change in brightness as they made out blobs of color. "Nice doing business with you gentlemen." Skulker's dumb voice passed through my eardrums. Business? What's he talking about? Whom was he talking to? I asked myself these questions with a note of sadness, wondering if I'd ever make it out of here, wherever here was.

"Awake I see, whelp. I got several thousand dollars selling the scales that fell off your body. I know what you're thinking and it was the only way I could get them." Skulker said. I snorted in annoyance and smoke billowed from my nostrils. "What's money to a ghost anyways?" I asked him. "I'm also a hunter. The Ghost Zone's greatest hunter." he replied. "Stop bragging and let me out. Please, I promise I'll only make your end half as painful as I intended." I said. "Insolent little twerp!" Skulker exclaimed, shocking me. I roared in pain. "Why can't I control myself?" I asked him. "Like I said, I control you now. You'll do well in the League." he replied. "League?" I asked. "The Ghost Zone Wrestling League."

"Wrestling! No way!" I exclaimed. "You don't have a choice." Skulker said, his finger hovering over what I knew was the button controlling the collar. "Okay, fine, whatever."