Love Potions

Somebody to Love- Queen

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nico was kind of creeped out, to say the least. (Un)fortunately, he wasn't as oblivious as he'd been previously in his life. He knew when something was up. So he knew that there was some new camper stalking him. She was maybe eleven years old, curly hair and brown eyes. And she was the daughter of Aphrodite.

"So, wait. She just follows you around?" Jason asks. Nico nods. He gestures for Jason to be quieter. They're eating lunch, and the Aphrodite table is just a few tables over. "That's weird."

"Yeah. And she never speaks. Just kind of glares at people and then stares at me." Honestly, Nico had half a mind to send a skeleton or something after her. He was still weighing the morality of that decision when Jason finally speaks again.

"Why don't you just talk to her? Tell her you don't like her that way," Jason suggests. Nico sighs. He didn't like that girl at all. He hated to judge the Aphrodite cabin (most of them were very nice and friendly), but they were a little intense when it came to matters of the heart.

"Couldn't you tell her?" Nico asks. "Drop a hint or something. I don't even like girls," Nico huffs.

Jason grins. "I'm kind of busy today." Nico glares at him. "That's the spirit." He pats Nico's shoulder before heading off to teach a class.
-
"He's kind of moody, if you ask me," Drew says.

Valentina nods. She can see the appeal of Nico di Angelo, but there are other men at camp. Men who don't look like they could slice you in half without blinking an eye. Of course, on the other hand, she's heard that Nico was really sweet.

"But he's so handsome and powerful," Gabby says. She's new at camp, just arrived three weeks ago. She'd assimilated rather well, though Valentina supposed part of that was her newfound attachment to the son of Hades. "And he won't even look at me!"

Drew tsks. Valentina looks unsure. She knows the look in Drew's eyes. She's seen first-hand what that look leads to.

"Sweetie, if he doesn't care for you, that's his loss." Gabby pouts.

"Have you tried the Aphrodite charm?" Valentina suggests. Gabby nods, huffing.

"He didn't even look my way. Just ran off to the infirmary after class." Valentina looks at Drew, sighing. She loved her siblings and her mother, but they could take crushes to the next level.

"Maybe you should try talking to him first," Valentina suggests. "See how he responds."

"Or we could just do things my way. Simpler and faster," Drew interrupts. "Sure to get you your man."

"I need him to notice me!" Gabby whines. "I'm pretty enough. What else does he want from me?"

"So, here's the plan." Drew starts talking about a love potion that she can conjure. Gabby's eyes get wide, and she's bouncing with excitement. Valentina has to admit that their mother would be proud. Love was the name of the game, and Drew knew her stuff.

Valentina bites her tongue as Drew starts talking about how madly in love Nico will become with Gabby. She's not sure how this will end, but she's pretty sure she saw Nico checking out Will Solace the other day. She smiles to herself. Maybe this idea will be a good one after all.
-
"Nico, I think that there's a girl wanting to talk to you," Will whispers. Nico groans as he looks over his shoulder. "I'm going to go now. Because it kind of looks like she wants to kill me." Nico can't imagine a single camper who would want to murder Will Solace, but the glare on the girl's face is close enough. Will hurries towards the infirmary.