Hit Me With Your Best Car

New Me~ Ella Eyre

I am SO sorry I haven't updated i a while

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

       It was 9 o'clock at night and Nico was dead tired after a long day of work and having gotten little to no sleep in the last week. He was wearing a dark Fall Out Boy t-shirt, a black zip up hoodie, black jeans, and black combat boots. Nico had his phone in his hand scrolling through his music selecting Jet Pack Blues by Fall Out Boy. Nico felt himself step off the curb onto the street but didn't look up. He'd walked this route everyday for the past year and was sure he could walk it with his eyes closed or in this case his eyes on his phone that was currently playing music through his headphones. Nico heard the screeching of the tires and looked up just as a yellow Honda Accord slammed into him.

Nico's head felt like it was full of cotton balls. He could vaguely hear someone talking. Their voice was panicked and he felt warm hands on his skin as he tried to blink open his eyes.

"Oh my god! I hit- I hit you with my car!" Nico heard someone saying above him. "Please don't be dead! Please don't be dead! You're too cute to be dead!" Nico finally got his eyes open and saw a man that seemed to glow like the sun itself. But that could just be the concussion he was sure he had. The man's face broke into a blinding grin when he noticed Nico's eyes opening.

"What the hell happened?" Nico grumbled trying to sit up. The stranger's hands were immediately on his shoulders pushing him back to the ground.

"About that... Imayormaynothavehityouwithmycar!" He spoke so fast Nico's concussed brain couldn't follow his words.

"I'm sorry but... what?"

"I may or may not have hit you with my car," The man said slower so that Nico could hear him properly. Nico's eyes widened in surprise at the confession but he quickly forced his expression to be blank. Nico turned his head to the side looking at the bright yellow car a few yards away from where he was on the street.

"You hit me with a car that looks like the fucking sun?" Nico looked at the man incredulously.

"Maybe?" The man replied cocking his head to the side gauging Nico's reaction. "My names Will by the way. You probably want to know the name of the idiot who ran you over."

"I'm Nico. And you didn't run me over," Nico tried to smile but it turned into a grimace when a shot of pain flashed through his head. "You only hit me with your car."

"Whatever you say," Will got to his feet and reached down to pull Nico up with him. Nico swayed on his feet and reached out steady himself. His hand found Will and held on tightly as he tried to steady himself. Nico tried to lift his other arm to grip Will as well but let out a groan of pain when he tried to move it.

"What the hell?" Nico said trying to move his shoulder again, hissing in pain as he did.

"Stop! If it hurts when you move it don't move it!" Will cried sounding exasperated. He quickly lifted Nico into his arms and began to carry him to Will's car.

"It's my shoulder that hurts not my fucking legs!" Nico yelled hitting Will with his good arm until Will set him down with a small smile. Will pulled open the passenger side door of his car and helped Nico in before settling himself into the drivers seat. "Try not to hit anyone else on the way to... wait where are we going?" Nico looked over at Will as he started the car.

"We're going to get your shoulder looked at and your head too." Nico mumbled a thanks to Will before settling into the passenger seat. The car ride was silent, Will making the occasional turn or stopping for red lights and pedestrians. Nico just looked out the window feeling oddly comfortable in the silence.