Accents

"I sound like Forrest Gump." Will says whenever Nico even mentions liking his Southern twang.

"Is that a problem?" Nico says as they lie in bed during this particular instance of Will complaining about the way he talks. They're cuddling in afterglow and Will's voice always tends to take on a thicker accent, dropping more g's off of words than usual, when he's tired and his voice is a little hoarse.

"Dunno," Will says, propping himself up on one elbow to look at Nico, "Makes me sound sorta' dumb."

"Because everyone assumes you're a hick?"

"I don't even like guns!" Will says in agreement, falling back down onto the mattress. Nico rolls himself on top of Will, nestled between the blond's legs and runs his fingers over Will's neck so he can feel his vocal chords vibrate.

It's not that Will can't do a very flat American accent. If he tries he can even sound like he's never left SoCal in his life. That's nice and all, Nico knows of and appreciates Will's talent, but the son of Hades is a total sucker for Will's normal Southern drawl.

"You like my accent," Nico reasons. He still sounds sort of Italian, putting "a" sounds on the end of words where they shouldn't be.

"Well duh," Will says, pushing a piece of Nico's hair away from the boy's face, "Your accent makes you sound all cultured."

Nico tucks his chin into his boyfriend's neck, "Goddammit, Will. You know I'm a sucker for darlin', and baby doll, and honey. And I like it how your accent gets thicker when you're tired or winded or talking really fast, ok? So...so just shut up and keep talking the way you do."

"That's an oxymoron."

"You're a moron."

"Honey, that ain't fair!"

"Dammit Will, just do me again."