One for You, One for Me

Photogragh- Ed Sheeran

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nico was nervous out of his mind.

He didn't think he'd ever been this nervous. Which was crazy because he'd literally had to fight for his life on several occasions, fight monsters, and be forced to profess his love for his very annoying friend. But, now, he was more nervous than he'd ever been.

He'd locked himself in the bathroom this morning. The main goal was to appear calm and collected, normal. That meant his hands needed to stop shaking, he needed to breathe evenly, and he needed to not accidentally ruin everything before it had even begun. It sounded easier if he was preparing himself to face a gorgon or a dragon or some creature from hell. Instead, he was facing his boyfriend, the ever-sunny Will Solace.And Will would be able to detect ever single nervous symptom from a mile away.

"Nico? You in there?" Will knocks on the door.

"Yeah. Just a minute." Nico turns on the water just to make it seem like he's doing something productive. Then he unlocks the door. Will walks in, all dressed in his scrubs. He drops a kiss on Nico's head before grabbing his toothbrush.

"You okay?" Will asks around his toothbrush. "You're kind of pale. Are you getting sick?"

Nico shakes his head. He feels like he should be sick. His hands are clammy, his skin is hot. His stomach is in knots. Will raises his eyebrows, pressing his free hand to Nico's forehead. Nico waits patiently for Will to diagnose him.

"You're not sick. But you're acting weird." Will eyes him for a little longer before shrugging.

Nico practically sprints to the kitchen. He had been planning on making pancakes as both of them had some extra time this morning, but he's so nervous that he sticks to something more regular. Will walks in as Nico is plating their omelets. Will smiles, wrapping his arms around Nico's waist before he can sit down.

"Good morning, Nico," Will breathes. He kisses Nico again, spinning him around so he can kiss Nico properly this time. Nico lets himself relax into the kiss. It seems that no matter how many times he and Will kiss, it never gets old. It still makes Nico blush, his heart rate skyrocket, his mind short-circuit.

They eat breakfast in silence. Nico's too nervous to make conversation, and Will seems content to stare out of their big kitchen window. Then he's jumping up, kissing Nico once more, and heading off to work.
-
Will thought he was going to have a heart attack.

He kept checking the symptoms, checking his pulse rate, trying to remember what he'd eaten. He didn't have a history of heart attacks or anything related. Then again, how much could you really trace if your father was an Olympian god? Will wasn't sure. Still, he'd reattached limbs, birthed a baby, and had saved numerous people from the brink of death. Yet, he was scared of one simple question.

Today was his last shift for the week, and he and Nico had some plans for the weekend. Will had taken the liberty to add a few things to the list of things they were already going to do. He just hoped Nico liked them. He had originally been worried that Nico would get suspicious, but it seemed as though Nico had other things on his mind lately. Which Will cared about. But he was kind of stressed out at the moment. And Nico would tell him if something was wrong, right?

Will's brought back to the real world when his pager starts going off. He clicks his mind over to doctor-mode and rushes down the hall. His nerves would have to wait.
-
Jason was watching Nico. Nico could feel his eyes on him. He slowly put the last bite of his sandwich in his mouth, chewing. Jason blinks.