The Majestic Twelve part 1

"Yes,I'm... I'm looking for a patient, Raymond Chestnut" is the first thing I hear as I wake up. "He may have been brought in last night after the riot at Stadtler's" Allison's voice gave me a pounding headache.

She was silent for a while and I felt a heavy arm around my shoulders. "Why does that matter?" She asked annoyed.

She said something else, but I didn't hear it as I heard a loud snore by my ear. I pushed, whoever that was, to the side, making them land on the floor with a thud.

"Why did you do that?" I heard Klaus' voice whine tiredly. "Why the fuck were you so close to me?" I asked him back annoyed.

I turned around on the sofa and faced a frustrated Allison who hang up the phone. "You all right?" Klaus asked as he sat up on the floor.

"No! Ray didn't come home last night" she paces around the living room. "Okay, okay, no problem. I'm sure he's fine" I sat up on the sofa, rubbing my tired eyes.

"First thing we're gonna need... is coffee" Klaus mumbled. "Probably something stronger" I sighed. "We also need vitamine B12, and... oh, a piping hot bowl of menudo" Klaus made a weird movement with his fingers as he spoke.

"And then we're gonna sort all this stuff out" Klaus tried to reassure Allison. "He saw me rumor that cop, Klaus" Allison sighed.

"I know" he mumbled. "But, uhh... you... you were saving his life" he tried to tell her softly. "I mean, that asshole was gonna kill him" he told her.

"I'm such an idiot" she sighed. "No, you're not" Klaus shook his head as Allison sat down on one of the chair by the table, her back facing us.

Klaus nudged my leg and pointed his chin at Allison. "Oh, umm, yeah no, you're not" I told her.

"I promised myself I would never do this again. Nothing good ever comes from it" she leaned her elbows on the table.

Klaus stood up from the ground and walked over towards Allison. "Have you ever heard the fable of The Scorpion And The Frog?" He sat down on the chair next to her.

"Does that even exist?" I asked him with furrowed eyebrows. "Yes, yes it does" he told me.

"What?" Allison sighed and looked at him annoyed. I stood up from the sofa and went to sit down in front of the two.

"The scorpion wants to get across the river, so he asks the frog to carry him across" he told the both of us as we both looked at him confused.

"But the frog is like, 'Well, what's in it for me?' And the scorpion is like, 'How about five bucks?' And the frog says, 'Make it twenty'. The scorpion is like, 'Ten'. The frog goes, 'All right, fifteen'. And the scorpion is like, 'All right, fine, fifteen'.

"What's the point behind this?" I asked him tiredly. "No idea" Allison responds. "Shh, I'm not finished" Klaus shushed me.

"Then halfway across the river, the frog feels this terrible pain on his back, and... eh.. the scorpion stung him" he explained like all of this was normal.

"You know? And the frog is like, 'Well, what the hell?' We're both gonna drown now'. And... they both did" he sighed with a sad smile.

Allison and I looked at him with furrowed eyebrows, not saying a word. Just looking at the hippie in front of us.

"What the fuck" I remarked. "What the hell is the point of that story?" Allison snapped. "The point is" Klaus said loudly. "Frogs are bitches, and we do not negotiate with terrorists, Allison" he said softly.

"No, no, no, no, I... I actually can't deal with you right now" she interrupted him, grabbing files from the table and standing up frustrated.

"I'm sorry, I'm not a morning person" Klaus mumbled as Allison walked away.