16

ⓜⓐⓚⓘⓝⓖ ⓟⓡⓞⓜⓘⓢⓔⓢ

ⓜⓐⓚⓘⓝⓖ ⓟⓡⓞⓜⓘⓢⓔⓢ

Ah, she remembered it fully well now. The Blue Dragon, she used to play with him when he was young, perhaps when he was five. She found him in the woods playing with a little squirrel, she can hear his voice talking to the adorable creature, saying he wanted friends in a small voice and being a gentle heart herself, Hye-In approached him and befriended him despite the age difference. They used to meet in early morning but, once Han-Jae had altered her memories, she unfortunately forgot about him.

"Fuck you, Han-Jae." The naagin muttered slowly and got up. She needed to find the Blue Dragon and apologized for abandoning him. He must have felt really bad although he might not remember her now. Hye-In could see why Han-Jae desperately wanted to separate her from him, it's because he was the Blue Dragon. Han-Jae was afraid if the Blue Dragon would be a trouble for his plan since the naagin clan was considered a royal family towards him.

A pang struck her collarbone and the mark on her skin glowed. Her amber eyes turned brighter and Hye-In could feel Yona was in danger. The ground was grumbling and she immediately ran, not realizing she just ran passed by Hak. She only felt the urge to run and save her. Yona was her life and Hye-In would kill anyone who dare to lay a hand on her. "What—hey, Hye-In, where are you going!? An earthquake—Oi—Hye-In, wa—" He was about to grab her forearm but the curse that bound both Hye-In and Yona forced her to push him away.

Yona and the others were just ahead and without sparing a time to think thoroughly, Hye-In sprinted and left Hak behind with the walls tumbling down and blocked the way, separating the former lovers. "You can't be serious—" His eyes darkened and they started to panic. He dropped his lance. "Hye-In! Princess! Yoon! White Snake! Damn it!" His hands shot forward and began to dig the rocks, not giving a care about his hands that were starting to bleed. All he care was Hye-In and others.

I shouldn't have left her alone. I shouldn't have let princess go. Why didn't I anticipate this? Hye-In—I can't believe I failed to protect her here. Protect them. Please, God. Don't take her from me. Hye-In, please don't go. I don't want to let you go anymore. I'm sorry—I'm sorry for everything. He kept repeating the apology and eventually, Hak fell onto the ground helplessly in exhaustion. He couldn't think straight, all he ever saw in his head was a glimpse of Hye-In slipping through his hand.

"Hye-In, please come back."

"Yona!" Hye-In quickly threw her arms around the frail girl, placing a kiss on her temple. "I was worried about you, that's why I ran here. Are you hurt somewhere else?" Her hands cupped her face and Yona shook her head, telling her that she felt better now that Hye-In was there with her. The naagin smiled in relief but then, her eyes saw there's a scratch on robe, as fast as lightning, her expression changed and her reptilian eyes glowed. Her head immediately snapped to the villagers that were surprisingly there as well and in their hands, there were weapons.