11

ⓑⓞⓚⓔ Ⓗⓐⓚ ⓑⓞⓚⓔ

ⓑⓞⓚⓔ Ⓗⓐⓚ ⓑⓞⓚⓔ

Her amber eyes snapped open and one could see her reptilian eyes began to glow brightly as she woke up as if it's an emergency. As if sleeping had became a dangerous thing. Her heart beat fast and there was a buzzing in her brain and together they were as panic with jump leads. As she roused from a heavy slumber, she was first aware of the wet towel on her forehead and a fragrance of honey mixed with lemon. She slowly got up and took the towel away, still lost in her own daydream, thinking that bizarre nightmare earlier was her own alone.

Hye-In knew, she didn't have to tell the others anything about it. They will be safer. As she was furrowing her eyebrows, looking so serious with her forehead creased a little bit, her ears caught a sound of steps and Hak appeared right in front of her with a bowl of hot soup in his hand. His eyes lit up and she did feel a little bit ache in her heart seeing his face. She tugged her robe around her frail body tightly and offered him a small smile. He could see some hesitation in her eyes but he was glad to see her waking up.

"Thank goodness, you're alright. I was so worried about you." He caught a fleeting stiffening of her face but then, Hye-In forced a weak smile and made a space for him to sit beside her. Hak placed the bowl on the bed and pulled a small stool to sit on it in front of her with his hands taking hers. The fear thoughts looped around in his mind until there was no room for anything else when he remembered her vomit blood. He couldn't describe his feelings at the moment but all he could ever express was, he was scared.

Hak brought her hands to his lips and closed his eyes once he held her hands to his cheek after that. He just couldn't imagine how his life would turn if he lost her. He didn't know what's going to happen. Losing her to Soo-Won before had already tortured him to death and now, the thought of losing her forever just killed him mercilessly. Love was a strange thing. For one minute, it will warm you and make you the happiest man in the world, one minute later, it robbed your happiness in a blink if your relationship ended in a wrong direction.

"What happened, Hye-In?" He lifted his head up and his eyes showed the kind of gentle concern she used to miss it before. His fingers brushed her knuckles slowly in a circular motion and with that simple movement, she was soothed by it. Hye-In just said nothing and stared straight into his eyes, couldn't brave herself enough to speak as a glimpse of him smirking at her with blood dripping down his chin still haunted her mind. A terrible headache hit her head and she let out a small wince, concerning Hak even more.

"It's nothing." Please, just don't.

"Hye-In, please tell me, what happened." He pleaded her once he sensed that she was not going to tell him anything. Hak exhaled frustratedly, pushing her once again and Hye-In snapped her head towards him in annoyance. She pulled her hands from his grasps to stand up and Hak tugged her back, couldn't back down with her acting like a brat-definitely not after she had an attack earlier. "I'm not done with you, Hye-In. We are talking about this right now."